BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Puig mirrors give a much improved field of view.

I've only briefly tested the windscreen. Initial impression is that I think I may be feeling more wind on the chest/helmet at 45-55, but less than stock above that range. Really hard to compare as you can't exactly switch the windscreen on/off during a ride.馃槣

I'll have to go off several days of commuting to see if I generally feel better about the 65-75mph stretches of my commute. I can say for sure on the stock config, and with my local winds, I definitely felt more relaxed when traffic was rolling 60-65. But motorcycles are safest when they match traffic flow, and around here that often calls for 75mph.

I'll give some feedback on the Puig after I get some days in at those speeds. After one brief test, I so far don't think the change is anything dramatic. But I'll feel it was money well spent if there's any noticable improvement in how those faster rides feel.

LOVE this bike around town. Hope to enjoy it more on the short stretches of interstate in my daily routine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kent. The site gave me this message:

This product DOES NOT FIT your 2022 BMW G310R

I'll probably contact the manufacturer about that.
Check me, but all media reports have stated the 2021 and 2022 are identical motorcycles with new color schemes introduced in 2022.

My guess will be that Puig (or the reseller) has many products and motorcycles to keep up with, and hasn't gotten around to confirming the model year fit for the '22 G310R. But your checking with the manufacturer is smart.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A detailed review on the bar end mirrors would also be great, I鈥檓 looking for switching to bar ends and looking for some nice ones
I am old school and ride without any sort of GoPro on my chin, so I lack the ability to show you mirror vibration. Is it less that stock? I think so. The nature of the shorter mounts helps some. You're still not gonna be identifying the brand of car behind you at 85mph, but you'll know the quantity of cars, distance, gaining or losing on you, the things that matter (to me).

The view is wide. I can position to get my shoulders out.

I had to do 5 minutes work with a drill to make these fit with our stock bars.

I like them and would buy them again.

What other details would you like to know?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts