BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received an e-mail from Puig overseas, they are currently developing a "real" windscreen for the GS.
Will see it and pricing on their website in February. Puigusa.com
In Canada and USA, April/May.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was trying to post the link to the screen, but site won't allow me because I don't have enough posts.
:crying:

·
Registered
935 Posts
I never had a puig windscreen but a lot of motorcycles with windscreens ( and full fairings)
Having a good windscreen is very personal.
I found out that you have to look at your own height, the distance from the top of the screen to your face, the height and angle of the screen etc etc.
On my F800ST I tried many windshield to get rid of the wind “noise” but in the end, only earplugs helped.
My advice, try every windscreen yourself.
You are buying something quite expensive and therefore the dealer has to give you a change to find what works.
If they don’t ..........
My best windscreen I had on my BMW K75 (original BMW).
I never found a similar windscreen for my ‘ followers’

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Puig screen for my CB500F and I can attest to the build quality, but as for functionality I subscribe what Bas310 said, it depends on numerous factors like height, etc.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just fitted Puig screen on 310, looks ok and so easy to fit, cheapest I found in Germany £75, inc p+p a bit overpriced but others wanted more for the screen, don't anyone tell me they got it cheaper !!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just fitted Puig screen on 310, looks ok and so easy to fit, cheapest I found in Germany £75, inc p+p a bit overpriced but others wanted more for the screen, don't anyone tell me they got it cheaper !!!
Are you on an R or GS?
Do you have a link to their website with the listing?
Thanks

Reactions: pdeteliga

·
Registered
70 Posts
hi folks

I mounted the Puig windscreen on my G310GS.
I'd like to mount handguards also (Barkbusters or others) but it seeme that the Puig windscreen does not allow mounting them because otherwise it will interfere when turning. Any experience?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Puig Windscreen and Bark Busters

I also have the Puig wind screen on my G310GS and wondering if the Bark Busters will work. I contacted Bark Busters and they basically said they only test their products with original equipment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had to cut some parts of the Puig windscreen on the left side to avoid interference with handguards.
I've adapted and mounted the the kit of handguards for BMW S1000XR

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the Puig screen and Barkbuster VPS handguards fitted on my GS. The hand guards do touch the windscreen and fuel tank cover at full lock but this is easily fixed with a bar riser as low as 25mm/1 inch.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a Puig touring screen, 32mm bar risers and bmw handguards on my GS. On full lock the handguards very gently ‘kiss’ the screen but it is not a problem whatsoever!
I plan to add 6mm (bottom) and 12mm (top) spacers to my screen to slightly change the angle and allow a little more air under the screen which will stop the handguard contact anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
G310 GS
31 Posts
On my GS I have the touring screen, 25 mm bar risers and hand guards from Givi. Fits very good without touching the screen or the tank cover.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts