BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Smart to practice, work out in’s and outs. I’ve gotten spoiled having a wife who’s game to drive the RV. This is my Van Van on 4 day trip without support. Part of a head to head test of TW 200 and Van Van as farm bikes.

Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Reactions: kentforrest

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smart to practice ...
Gotta get my speed up. My son (30) lives the van life. Logs a ton of miles off pavement every year as a full time camper.

He was reminding me how the over landing trend has changed things outdoors. He pointed out that I need to assume I'm going to contend with a LOT of $75K jeeps driven by young urbanites also inexperienced off pavement, and after dark likely to be driving on three beers, or an edible, or maybe a shroom dose. And they love to go fast so the GoPro footage makes the mild forest service road seem exciting on the TikTok. 🤣🤣

His advice was I want to become proficient at dodging incoming, and "fast enough" so as not to create danger from behind.

I intend to yield the road to faster vehicles, but he has a point that sitting ducks get shot.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Your son might have some ideas about setting up camp after sun set. The numbers of folks have really expanded most are good folk but not all. Lots of desperate poor along with the wealthy Van folk. Like the song says “woke up and all I had was gone” don’t be that guy.

Reactions: kentforrest
1 - 6 of 6 Posts