BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I want to use the aux power socket behind the dash of 310GS (or you can say behind the headlight) to charge my phone. I have a SAE to USB cord. But it seems there is only BMW socket to DIN hella adapter on the market. And it doesnt look water proof to me. Is there water proof socket adapter that I can just simply insert to the power outlet and connect to my SAE cord?

·
Registered
751 Posts
it is really quite simple. i got intimidated with that project myself. there is no need to remove any side panels. just take the headlight out (5 min work) and the power outlet is just there on the right side. me too, i drilled the hole to insert the socket.

on another note, while this power outlet seems great, it has one serious flaw. the little rubber things that cover the inlet to usb cable refuse to close properly. a very poor design.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You may be able to do it with just removing the headlight. I don't know. If you find that you do indeed need to remove the plastics here's the info that I referenced.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/bmw-g310gs-thread.1140150/page-188

There are a lot of bolts, but it's totally doable.
No need to remove the panels. I just did it yesterday. the power plug is just on the right side behind the headlight, when facing the headlight. To remove the headlight, one has to remove the 2 screws and wiggle it with some force for it to come out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
on another note, while this power outlet seems great, it has one serious flaw. the little rubber things that cover the inlet to usb cable refuse to close properly. a very poor design.
I don't know why you say it doesn't close properly. Mine does.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't know why you say it doesn't close properly. Mine does.
so i am just not lucky and I got a faulty item. i even put super glue on one of the rubbers, as I use only one usb cable. i can live with it but it is kind of annoying.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello,

I want to use the aux power socket behind the dash of 310GS (or you can say behind the headlight) to charge my phone. I have a SAE to USB cord. But it seems there is only BMW socket to DIN hella adapter on the market. And it doesnt look water proof to me. Is there water proof socket adapter that I can just simply insert to the power outlet and connect to my SAE cord?
Another thread discussing the same question with some suggestions as well, if it can help:
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/194-bmw-g310-gs-general-discussion/8274-oem-usb-charger.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts