BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed the tail tidy kit and knock off BMW LED turn indicators because DOT regulations in the US won't allow them to sell them here. Now I have a question. The left side turn indicators blink at regular speed and the right side blinks fast anyone know why?

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Because you ride on the right side of the road and take longer left turns and shorter right turns ;)

But seriously, it might be that one of your right side indicators does not have the correct resistance.

Try unplugging the right indicators one by one and plugging in the old indicators to see which one is causing the problem, maybe get the seller to send you a replacement indicator, or just buy another two (seeing as they are quite inexpensive).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Turn signals usually blink at a pre set speed based on their electrical resistance. It is common for LED turn signals to come with a small resistor to install inline to return the electrical resistance of the circuit to factory tolerances. If that resistor is missing, it will cause the light to blink more quickly than normal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've ordered the R&G tail tidy and Aero LED turn signals.
Please help!
Which resistors pair with our bikes?

(A) 9.8 Ohm resistor when going from a 21 watt turn signal to an LED turn signal.

(B) 21.5 Ohm resistor when going from a 10 watt incandescent turn signal to an LED turn signal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed my RG Tail Tidy with some minor modifications and Rizoma turn signals front and rear. Will post pictures tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts