BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
great scenary.
In most cases our bikes are way more capable than the riders.
So tru. In the volontary auxilary motorcycle corps of the Swedish army, we did dispatch riding on old Jawa 250's in all conditions. We drove them in all weather off-road as well as on the streets, in winter snow (with skies) as well as summer heat..

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member here. My fiancee is small and has problems with tall seats but needs to find a bike that can go on gravel, dirt and hardball, ie., sort of scrambler/adventure machine.
So we just bought her a new 310R because she can flat foot that model.
I am installing dual sport tires, engine guards, skid plate, small windscreen and will see how that works.

·
Registered
461 Posts
New member here. My fiancee is small and has problems with tall seats but needs to find a bike that can go on gravel, dirt and hardball, ie., sort of scrambler/adventure machine.
I am installing dual sport tires, engine guards, skid plate, small windscreen and will see how that works.
There's also a low seat, at least for the GS. I believe the R and GS seats are interchangeable. In the old days I hade a F650GS (thumper) that I change the seat to a seat from a F650GS Dakar. The low seat for the Dakar was sold as the standard seat for the GS and the high seat for the GS was sold as the low for Dakar. Might be same concept on the 310's.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As G0MYW points out, the 310R is capable of more on road and off than most riders. I think your fiancee will enjoy this bike.

Larger displacement bikes in the BMW line up can be set up as low or lower in seat height than the 310R. But the light weight of the 310 is another factor for smaller riders.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And older riders too ! Most of my riding this year has been on gravel, so next set of tires will be knobbies.
I'm most likely switching to a 50/50 tire of some sort. Something great for Northwest US rain and fire roads. I'm much more interested in motorcycle tent camping than burning up the twisties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts