BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 G310GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using rackless saddlebags and if so, what kind? I need side bags for mine but don't know if there is a rackless option that won't sit on the exhaust.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Compared to bikes like the CRF 300L Rally, the exhaust 310 GS is pretty low. I think if you were to get a Giant Loop or a Mosko Moto rackless set, you shouldn't even need a heat shield.

The guy who runs the Big Rock Moto YouTube channel recently did a couple of reviews of different luggage set. I'd recommend you start there.

·
Registered
2022 G310GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Compared to bikes like the CRF 300L Rally, the exhaust 310 GS is pretty low. I think if you were to get a Giant Loop or a Mosko Moto rackless set, you shouldn't even need a heat shield.

The guy who runs the Big Rock Moto YouTube channel recently did a couple of reviews of different luggage set. I'd recommend you start there.
I watched his video a while back. Since I'm using the GS as a commuter I was looking for something large enough that I could fit my bag that I carry my laptop and other work materials in. Ended up ordering a Givi tail bag that should work. It hasn't arrived yet but when it does I'll see if it does the job. Later on if I decide to keep this bike longer than a year I'll start looking for some side cases or similar options.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is the Mosko Moto "Reckless 80L Revolver 3.0" on my 2022 G310GS in Nova Scotia during my 7,000 mile trip from North Carolina this last June. The trip included the NEBDR and lots of off-road on Cape Breton. This system of pouches and dry bags is very secure and very tough. I dropped the bike several times with no damage. Had there been damage, I would have used Mosko Moto's lifetime free repair service. The exhaust isn't a problem, just make sure you install the included exhaust guard.

Note re the pics: For this trip I used the two 27L side bags, the 22L top bag, and both Aux Pox pouches without the Aux Pox pouch dry bags. I had one fuel bottle and one water bottle in each Aux Pox pouch. This means I had 72L of dry bag capacity, but I didn't use it all. In the first pic, you can see this because the top bag is compressed and the side bags would have stuck up farther if they were full. I estimate the three bags were ~75% full. In the second and third pictures, I was doing side trips and left my side bags in my hotel room. I had my Every Day Carry stuff on board in the top bag and tightened the side straps to securely hold the Aux Pox pouches and the empty side pouches.

I did had one compatibility issue: The G310GS' nearly 7" long US spec turn signals are too long to be underneath the Mosko Moto harness. You can see this in the third picture. With this lack of clearance, I broke my right turn signal when the harness was pushed against it during a minor off-road drop. To remedy this, I replaced both rear turn signals with BMW's shorter European spec turn signals. So, if you go this route, I recommend you replace your US spec turn signals with shorter turn signals. I suspect the long US spec turn signals would be a problem for any rackless system on the G310GS. Side note: I also broke my front right turn signal because it stuck out past the tank guard, so I also replaced both front turn signals with the shorter European spec versions so the tank guard will protect them from now on.

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Water

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
2022 G310GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the Mosko Moto "Reckless 80L Revolver 3.0" on my 2022 G310GS in Nova Scotia during my 7,000 mile trip from North Carolina this last June. The trip included the NEBDR and lots of off-road on Cape Breton. This system of pouches and dry bags is very secure and very tough. I dropped the bike several times with no damage. Had there been damage, I would have used Mosko Moto's lifetime free repair service. The exhaust isn't a problem, just make sure you install the included exhaust guard.

Note re the pics: For this trip I used the two 27L side bags, the 22L top bag, and both Aux Pox pouches without the Aux Pox pouch dry bags. I had one fuel bottle and one water bottle in each Aux Pox pouch. This means I had 72L of dry bag capacity, but I didn't use it all. In the first pic, you can see this because the top bag is compressed and the side bags would have stuck up farther if they were full. I estimate the three bags were ~75% full. In the second and third pictures, I was doing side trips and left my side bags in my hotel room. I had my Every Day Carry stuff on board in the top bag and tightened the side straps to securely hold the Aux Pox pouches and the empty side pouches.

I did had one compatibility issue: The G310GS' nearly 7" long US spec turn signals are too long to be underneath the Mosko Moto harness. You can see this in the third picture. With this lack of clearance, I broke my right turn signal when the harness was pushed against it during a minor off-road drop. To remedy this, I replaced both rear turn signals with BMW's shorter European spec turn signals. So, if you go this route, I recommend you replace your US spec turn signals with shorter turn signals. I suspect the long US spec turn signals would be a problem for any rackless system on the G310GS. Side note: I also broke my front right turn signal because it stuck out past the tank guard, so I also replaced both front turn signals with the shorter European spec versions so the tank guard will protect them from now on.

View attachment 17625

View attachment 17622

View attachment 17623
Pretty slick. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wheels aren't RR. They're VMX by KKE Racing. They are cross-spoke like BMW OEM cross-spoke wheels; supposedly from the same factory. They are tubeless because there are no holes penetrating through the rim to the inside of the tire whereas RR tubeless are only so because they put a plastic sealing band over where the spokes penetrate through the rim inside the tire. See more at Spanking new tubeless cross spoked wheels (not rally raid)

Yes, that is the Rally Raid Scorpion exhaust; it has a nice tone, but I bought it for the weight savings. Pic below has a better view of the exhaust, exhaust shield, and how the Mosko Moto side bag rests on the shield. Normally, the the side bag drapes down further, but it was cinched up empty during this side trip. During this up and back one-day ride from my hotel, I was doing the last segment of the NEBDR; this pic was near the western border of Maine on my way to the top of New Hampshire.

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts