BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've noticed after my trip home from work the engine smells really hot. Its 7 miles up hill all the way. I wondered if the fan may not be working so today I started it up let it warm up to 151 degrees the fan doesn't come on. Took it for a ride came back heated up to 209 degrees still no fan. Does anybody know at what temp the fan should come on?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hello, I've noticed after my trip home from work the engine smells really hot. Its 7 miles up hill all the way. I wondered if the fan may not be working so today I started it up let it warm up to 151 degrees the fan doesn't come on. Took it for a ride came back heated up to 209 degrees still no fan. Does anybody know at what temp the fan should come on?
Yesterday, I ran my bike on tick over in the garage till the fan came on. The engine was really hot before it came on and it took a good while before it did. Having had some experience with Honda fans which rarely come on till they are really hot, I don't think that you have a problem - it's probably just a characteristic of the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds good Glencoeman, I was hesitant about going above 212 maybe i'll try it again and just let it get a little hotter. Man thats right up around boiling. 212 F

·
Registered
469 Posts
That sounds good Glencoeman, I was hesitant about going above 212 maybe i'll try it again and just let it get a little hotter. Man thats right up around boiling. 212 F
It won't boil at 212, it is a pressurized system.

Reactions: snowboarder1493

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it comes on around the 98C or higher mark
I heard mine turn on at 105°c (221°f) so you are probably ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts