BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are contemplating an engine guard and/or bash plate, it may be worth having a bit of patience.
RR is the process of getting a combo engine guard bash plate to market. They say it will priced close to the
Honda 500 version. I personally like the design and multi-function of it. The Honda version is priced at
$275 US, $350 CDN. Not including the shipping.
I am interested and anxiously awaiting the release for final pricing and looks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks Tickster ;o)

I saw John (and his development bike) at the weekend, and the mk2 version of the engine guard - it's basically finished shape-wise now, just a couple of refinement/details to add, then the final production versions will be batch-produced in the next couple of weeks...

Photos as soon as we have them of course!

Jenny x

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anticipation,
Looking real nice!

Powder coated black too I am hoping.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Anticipation,
Looking real nice!

Powder coated black too I am hoping.
Hi Tickster - yes, if you take a look at the launch price & details thread in the Rally Raid Vendor section, it describes the two options that are going to be available. The standard engine guard will come black powder-coated, while the EVO version will come in a satin silver finish similar to that which BMW used on their own pannier racks and engine bars etc.

for info. The main frame of both engine guard designs is the same, it's just the centre skid-plate/oil filter protector that will be different.

Jx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts