BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- I'm looking to paint the white fairings on my black 2018 g310r... I got one quote for $650 at a shop in LA but I thought that was a little steep. Does anyone know a place in the US that I could ship these fairings to, or otherwise have some advice on how to get this done for cheaper than $650? Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Don't know if you have them located conveniently near you but, in my opinion, Maaco can do a decent job and not charge an arm and leg. I recently had a relatively small re-paint job I wanted done on my car. I was quoted prices in the $850 range from several "big name" collision shops but I wasn't willing to cough up that much for an inexpensive car. I eventually went to the local Maaco and was very pleased with their $315 job. It may not last as long as the more expensive quotes but then I don't expect to keep the vehicle too many more years.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
I got the front fender, the front fairings and the rear fairings done for AU$450 if I remember correctly.

It would have been much more, but because I showed the pieces to the painter and he could see how small they were, he greatly reduced the price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My suggestion ? Hopefully you don't need to waste your time...
I wanted to change the white beak and tank cover on my GS:
Once I found out that all the painted parts have to be sprayed at the dealer, I took a wild guess that they come from the factory in basic black ABS. I was right !
So, as long as you are OK with black ( nod to Henry Ford ), just order the unpainted parts-
Mine were under $200 all in. I did spend some extra time to sand off a few flash lines and polish them up, but you don't really need to. The surfaces are pretty good as they are. Added bonus, you will never wear through the paint !!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would check with some "Paint Repair" people as they do painting on a smaller scale and should be able to do the job as long as they have the right equipment. Pain can be ordered/made at paint supplier using BMW code if you are using a BMW Color. I don't know if you ae using a solid color or if you are going to us a design..

Make sure they use plastic prep and primer and flex additive.

Did you get price from Motorcycle place or auto body shop? Auto body place might be cheaper.

Would need at least a Iwata LPH80 HVLP spray gun or equiv. Could also try a airbrush artist who does larger projects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts