BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem? My rear brake foot lever sets a good 2 inches (12mm) below my foot. My foot is almost vertical when I press it. I've been looking for a spacer or something to bring it up but I haven't been able to find anything?

·
Registered
266 Posts
yes yes yes ... exactly my problem... 1st bike ever that its not adjustable. (bl00dy cost engineers)
I've just cut a very thick bit of hydralic hose( the length of the front of the pedal) and then sliced it along its length and slipped it over.
It gives about 7mm but still not ideal for me.
As you say it really needs a good (safe ) spacer.... Jon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes yes yes ... exactly my problem... 1st bike ever that its not adjustable. (bl00dy cost engineers)
I've just cut a very thick bit of hydralic hose( the length of the front of the pedal) and then sliced it along its length and slipped it over.
It gives about 7mm but still not ideal for me.
As you say it really needs a good (safe ) spacer.... Jon.
So I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Since day one I found the brake pedal to be a little low and since that same day I've been procrastinating about looking into it...
Now you guys tell me there is no adjustment possible. Thanks: I can stop thinking about it now!

After-market pedal... in a far future, maybe ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Reactions: G0MYW

·
Registered
935 Posts
Why use your rear brake foot lever ....... I only use my front brake 😉😉😉😉
Just kidding.
This is an issue I haven’t noticed and I have been doing a lot of kilometers on winding roads where you use your brakes a lot.
Next time I will try to find out if this is an issue for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
enlarge and raise up about 3 mm, the plate is mounted above the original pedal
Are you on a R or GS?
Just wondering if the foot brake pedals are the same?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Being an old KLR owner for a few years, i made a brake pedal riser...

Took an old hockey puck, cut it to the size of the foot pad, drilled a few holes, and zip tied it on.

Looks like ****. Works perfectly! Current and former KLR owners will understand...

Since this is a BMW, this is only a temporary fix for me until the aftermarket catches up to the poor brake pedal design, with NO adjustments...

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I mounted a pedal enlarger from Horning and some rubber to increase height, but I'm searching for a more stable solution but it seems that still there no aftermark solution to solve the problem.
At least in wunderlich or hornig sites
hints?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Same part,

When I look at the clevis attached to the pedal it seems to be ajustable, don't know by how much.
I adjusted the brake so that it comes on sooner, worked a treat as far as stopping goes (there is loads of adjustment) but , of course, does not raise pedal out the way of rocks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts