BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should be able to find a few pedal enlargers.. online...
as well as I made sure I adjusted my master cylinder rod, to make sure I take unnecessary slop out.
Good Luck

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has anyone tried to remove the stock rubber pads from the footrests on an R?
Not me, but I did on my GS. It helped, but didn't solve the problem.
With the pads installed it was just ridiculous- Now, just about bearable, but not still an issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I solved the roblem by buying a chinese brake lever enlarger and added a piece of wood (1cm height) below it.
not very cool but effective

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I no longer have a 310 but do recall the brake pedal travel is in fact adjustable? By adjusting the length of rod that pushes into the brake master cylinder? Maybe I am mis-remembering.

·
Registered
G310GS 2018
533 Posts
I solved the roblem by buying a chinese brake lever enlarger and added a piece of wood (1cm height) below it.
not very cool but effective
That is the environmentally and politically most correct solution, aside from not using fossil fuel burning combustion engines at all. I however have chosen a more durable alternative. I cut a piece of a non-fossil ice-hockey puck to fit between the cheap Chinese enlarger and the original pedal. This gives me an inch (25 mm) of height and the material is natural rubber (I believe).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone else have this problem? My rear brake foot lever sets a good 2 inches (12mm) below my foot. My foot is almost vertical when I press it. I've been looking for a spacer or something to bring it up but I haven't been able to find anything?
2 inches is 50mm - 12mm is only 1/2 inch ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone else have this problem? My rear brake foot lever sets a good 2 inches (12mm) below my foot. My foot is almost vertical when I press it. I've been looking for a spacer or something to bring it up but I haven't been able to find anything?
Cut and shut OEM lever, 25mm rise at the pedal. Great while standing or sitting even with Mk4 Pivot Pegz.

Same issue with the gear shift but the turnbuckle has enough range to compensate - just!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts