BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Rear Brake pedal adjustment

631 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Lee Jerome
My rear brake pedal seems quite low, have to push it quite a way until it engages the brake can it be adjusted, and if so how.

Ta Lee
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
this has been a problem since day 1 .
There is not the 'normal' adjustment that are on most other bikes.
Best read here.... Search results for query: brake pedal
... for various options to this problem
My rear brake pedal seems quite low, have to push it quite a way until it engages the brake can it be adjusted, and if so how.

Ta Lee
Of course, we don;t know why it's so low; but is it possible that the engineers did this to have us focus more on the use of the front brake?
How about a riser ? Maybe a pice of profile aluminium. This would be my solution.
Reactions: 1
Pedal free-play is correct?
Automotive tire Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Something that might help is upgrading the rear pads from organic to EBC HH pads if they're available. I recently switched from EBC HH to Organic rear pads on my 2010 R1200RT, and it's a dramatic difference. I literally have what you all describe as too much travel, but I will be switching back to the EBC HH pads. It's a trade-off with respect to disc wear vs better bite/stopping.
See less See more
Here are the EBC HH pads rear for the G310: EBC#: FA213HH
I just put a riser on the pedal, problem solved. Google it.
Reactions: 1
Like I mentioned in my reply. Is it a homemade riser? I do one for my wife's G310R. Like a sandwich with a flathead screw on the top. Maybe show a picture so we can copy it.
Harald
check this out: GitHub - normanzb/g310gs: Norm's G310GS Mods

there are two versions so far, 15mm and 25mm, i am adding another 35mm as my fastway footpeg positioned a bit too high, on the downhill it was very hard for me to operate the brake.
I have found a riser on Aliexpress, rubber top and a plate thats fits underneath with a couple of bolts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts