BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone equipped there G310R with rear panniers etc ??
Thinking I might to get some but not totally sure what would look best Bags or boxes !!
So anyone done it lets see some photos. Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts

Giant Loop Fandango tank bag, Enduristan Blizzard L panniers, Wolfman double-ended duffel, and a Pelican top case bolted to the rear rack. They've all worked well for me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The BMW tankbag fits just like it was made for it. About the same size as the largest from others, straps fit under the seat edge and around the fork neck. Price is reasonable. No pics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've fitted Givi pannier racks and had the intention of Wolfman bags, but one thing which I couldn't get an answer to from anyone when I bought them, was the width on the right hand side...they're perfect with the OEM exhaust, but absolutely useless with the Scorpion. I don't understand why the exhaust needs to stick out so far, and this is a constant source of annoyance for me, as I'm struggling to find a solution atm (other than expensive modifications).

I'd be really interested to see some rear-end pics of other pannier racks, in particular the Hepco & Becker ones, and also some rear-end pics of exhausts. It's doing my head-in!!! :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here's my GS with hard cases on SW-Motech frames:

Hi my friend. Your setup using Pelican Style boxes for your panniers is precisely what I’m looking for. Can you answer a couple of questions.....
What are the dimensions LxWxH of your boxes?
Are they bolted permanently to the frames or did you come up with some quick release method?
Thanks in advance. Nice looking setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry Geoff, I sold the bike months ago so I don't have access to the cases. The following should help:

From the website

• External Dimensions: 465 (W) x 360 (D) x 175mm (H)
  • Internal Dimensions: 425 (W) x 284 (D) x 155mm (H)
I had the bags permanently mounted. 4 bolts each side including the silver stabilising bar.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry Geoff, I sold the bike months ago so I don't have access to the cases. The following should help:

From the website

• External Dimensions: 465 (W) x 360 (D) x 175mm (H)
  • Internal Dimensions: 425 (W) x 284 (D) x 155mm (H)
I had the bags permanently mounted. 4 bolts each side including the silver stabilising bar.

Many thanks for the data. I’m looking at some pelican style boxes now but I needed to know some sizes to get an idea of what they would look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've fitted Givi pannier racks and had the intention of Wolfman bags, but one thing which I couldn't get an answer to from anyone when I bought them, was the width on the right hand side...they're perfect with the OEM exhaust, but absolutely useless with the Scorpion. I don't understand why the exhaust needs to stick out so far, and this is a constant source of annoyance for me, as I'm struggling to find a solution atm (other than expensive modifications).

I'd be really interested to see some rear-end pics of other pannier racks, in particular the Hepco & Becker ones, and also some rear-end pics of exhausts. It's doing my head-in!!! :(

I have Hepko with stock exhaust and still running into issues like yourself

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm working on the exact same idea as CandyMuff.
The Motech bags just didn't work for me.
CandyMuff, how did you attach the cases to the Motech mounts ?
Did you :
1) just bolt them straight onto the Motech luggage subframe
2) use the Motech detachable clips from the LT1 backing plates bolted straight to the case
3) mount the cases to the Motech backing plates.
The pics are too dark in that area to see..

Thanks

Here's my GS with hard cases on SW-Motech frames:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts