BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Grrr? At least you got yours. Still waiting here in Maine. Dealer says they're awaiting parts and will call when they arrive. Patience is a virtue, or so said someone who wasn't in a hurry.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got mine as well and they are saying that “At the present time, we are not ready to perform this recall on your motorcycle. We will notify you with a follow-up letter as soon as we can perform this recall.”

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no! Sorry. My notice was the also the one that TYY got. Basically its a waiver so if the stand fails then they their not liable, cause they let you know now!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bottom line is don't use the side stand to support both the bike and you, and don't use it as a brace while you step on the left peg and perform a "horse mount." Either is just asking for trouble and neither is what the side stand is designed for.

It's not rocket science. I'm not trying to tempt fate here, but I doubt mine will fail. I just use it to park, that's all folks.
Swing my leg over to mount the bike, not use the peg as a support for lifting my body up and over...

·
Registered
24 Posts
This morning, I dropped in at my BMW dealer to say hello and have a coffee. They said they were going to call me in a week or so; they're waiting for the pieces to arrive. What they told me could interest you: It's not just some sort of new, stronger attachment they're going to mount or replace, but a complete new side stand, stronger, somewhat longer and with a larger base. Wait and see!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have an ETA on the parts? I'm looking at a demo model GS for ~10% off what a new one would cost (OTD) - however it's effected by the stop sale. I'm afraid to put a deposit down because by the time it's fixed, 2019 models will probably be arriving and I may be overpaying. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone have an ETA on the parts? I'm looking at a demo model GS for ~10% off what a new one would cost (OTD) - however it's effected by the stop sale. I'm afraid to put a deposit down because by the time it's fixed, 2019 models will probably be arriving and I may be overpaying. Thanks
Best to check with your local dealers as all the dealers i've contacted in our area already had the parts first week of Sept.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Bike is back.
The did the recall job.
Not that I can really see what they did but the showed me the BMW guidelines on how todo the recall job.
Ready to make some more kilometers ........

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bike is back.
The did the recall job.
Not that I can really see what they did but the showed me the BMW guidelines on how todo the recall job.
Ready to make some more kilometers ........
I have not had a letter yet from BMW UK. Any chance of posting photos of the side stand showing the recall work?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use Photobucket to host my pics so they appear full size.

Instead of that you can just drag them from your desktop or wherever you have them and drop them in the box below the 'reply' box.

They then appear as thumbnails for readers to click on for full size.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos. Looks strong enough now. Did BMW change the side stand for a longer one during the recall as someone has said?

·
Registered
86 Posts
BAS310, please tell me that these pics were BEFORE the fix?

Thanks for posting the photos. Looks strong enough now. Did BMW change the side stand for a longer one during the recall as someone has said?

Here's a couple of pics: firstly a pic of yours, then below that a pic of mine.

Yours looks bent to me. I do hope it is PRE-modification :frown2:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts