BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a new 310GS.

I asked the dealer to fit a set of Oxford Advanced Adventure heated grips but I am told they are too long and do not fit.

Hotgrips Advanced Adventure UK SPECIFIC : Oxford Products

Can anyone recommed a make and model of heated grip, preferably Oxford, which will fit the 310 without issue eg. trimming of the throttle
tube or the grips themselves?

Thanks all

·
Registered
451 Posts
heated grips (oxford)

Hi JohnFox .. I've just measured the Oxford grips (on my other bike)
and they are 12cm in length ... the G310 grip is 11cm.
So it seems the dealer is correct.
You'll now need to find some ~11cm ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi JohnFox .. I've just measured the Oxford grips (on my other bike)
and they are 12cm in length ... the G310 grip is 11cm.
So it seems the dealer is correct.
You'll now need to find some ~11cm ...
That's very helpful, thanks for that.

If anyone knows of an 11cm heated grip please chime in. Meantime, I'll browse the Oxford website for specs

·
Registered
469 Posts
Google Koso Apollo, very nice and can be trimmed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Official BMW heated grips get my vote
Other than being mentioned in the brochure and in the owners manual, from what I know the genuine BMW heated grips for G310 don't exist for real yet. From the picture I saw they (will) take a lot of space just to get you a switch accessible and the price announced was crazy high if I recall. So, even if they would exist, they would not get my vote!
After considering the available options I ended up choosing Moose Racing grips and am still very happy about my setup: http://www.g310rforum.com/forum/185...led-grip-warmers-heat-demon-moose-racing.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oxford Heaterz Touring Grips should work perfectly for the GS. Not sure about the R

"Overall grip length is 4.72" (12 mm) and can be trimmed to a minimum length of 4.33" (11 mm) without damaging the heating elements."

I have a pair on my CB500X - awesome...and plan on adding the Touring Grips to my GS as well.

Oxford has three sizes: Touring, Adventure, and Sport. The Touring grips at 4.72" (12 mm) should be the ones.

Adventure Grips are 5.19", Minimum cut length: 4.80"

Sport Grips are 4.84", Minimum cut length: 4.48"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Official BMW heated grips get my vote
Other than being mentioned in the brochure and in the owners manual, from what I know the genuine BMW heated grips for G310 don't exist for real yet.
Part number is 77538388676, confirmed orderable and in stock in Germany by my dealer when I considered getting them at the end of February.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Part number is 77538388676, confirmed orderable and in stock in Germany by my dealer when I considered getting them at the end of February.
Glad I made the choice not to wait for it. As expected they cost about 5 times what mine costed and the switch setup is a bit cumbersome. But good to know they finally came out, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i bought this one from Amazon .

i didnt cut the old grips i use wd40 for uninstall them but at the old throttle grip side the throttle tube has notchs so the heated grips can't fit to the throttle side. So you must uninstall the throttle tube and trim its surface and also cut the wide side of the throttle tube. Than I apply the heated grips with cutting at the ends. Bec i bought Adventure OF690 you can buy the Touring model for uncut.. I take electric from battery..

·
Registered
132 Posts
call me a trouble maker, but I don't get why people use heated grips.
you will generally be wearing cold weather gloves, you have to draw enough power to heat up the bar and get heat through the inside of the gloves and they do nothing for the top of your hands.

I have always used electric glove liners, they draw a lot less power, the heat is inside the glove, not outside, a big bonus on a bike with limited extra capacity.

they also warm your hands without them having to be on the bars. they plug in to the leads from a jacket liner or there are a few stand alone self powered heated gloves on the market now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
call me a trouble maker, but I don't get why people use heated grips.
Because you don’t have to remember to bring them. They’re always available when you need them. So why bring two pairs of gloves when one will do?

We humans also have a circulatory system, so warming the inside of your hands will heat the outside as well, especially if you have decent hand guards mounted.

Last May I started a day in the eastern Sierras at 15°F, and by the time I hit Baker, CA in the afternoon, it was 91°F. And one pair of gloves was all I needed, with my hands staying toasty warm throughout the ride.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm with Tickster on this

Google Koso Apollo, very nice and can be trimmed.
The Koso grips look great, and they come in different sizes 120mm and 130mm length. I like the built in switch rather than the IMHO clumsy looking controller setup of the Oxford grips. much neater and I agree, more like OEM fitted grips. BUT,I've looked and nobody seems to sell them here in the UK.Tried emailing KOSO in Canada to see if I can buy direct,or find a supplier who will export to the UK, but no reply as yet.Our import duty and VAT is likely to push up the price quite a bit i expect. Another thing about the Koso grips is by having the switch built in, it saves 'real estate' on the handlebars for other accessories such as a GPs etc.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.