BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Recently I felt the OEM light is terrible at night. So I am searching for a way to install LED Auxiliary lights at reasonable budget. I notice the pitcutre from GIVI website was awesome. But it seems those are not GIVI products. Can somebody give me some idea about the LED auxiliary lights from GIVI demo 310gs? Or maybe you guys have better advise for me, that would be great!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, they’re not available through Givi USA distribution yet. After two North American online retailers where were nice enough to check, both suggested buying from UK or EU, “if you want them anytime soon.”

I order a set for GS on Monday from Italy but see them listed on Amazon.co.uk now: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Givi-ls5126-Attacks-Assemble-Spotlights-S322-BMW/dp/B07DHRRWJH

Amazon’s shipping charge to US much higher price than I paid - will check my order confirmation from work and update.

For now, if you’d like to research further the official Part Number/Description is: “Givi LS5126 Fog Light Spot Light Holder Brackets for S310 S320 S321 BMW G310GS”. Good luck!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Recently I felt the OEM light is terrible at night. So I am searching for a way to install LED Auxiliary lights at reasonable budget. I notice the picture from GIVI website was awesome. But it seems those are not GIVI products. Can somebody give me some idea about the LED auxiliary lights from GIVI demo 310gs? Or maybe you guys have better advise for me, that would be great!

Thanks
GIVI and "at reasonable budget" are not compatible.

I am running Denali electronics D2 2.0 trioptic LED light kit with the data dim module. at $400usd they are not exactly "at reasonable budget" either.
oh, and I have the LED headlight conversion also.

Ebay is your friend, these ebay lights should throw out a fare bit of light at a quite reasonable price.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking about D2 as well. Is it easy to install? D2 seems the reliable option with sufficient lighting covered area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just picked up a set of Denali D2 with the data dim module (older style) in chrome with full wiring harness for $78.00 from Twisted throttle. Can't wait to get them hooked up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am thinking about D2 as well. Is it easy to install? D2 seems the reliable option with sufficient lighting covered area.
if you are reasonably mechanically inclined they are pretty easy to install. the hardest part is routing the harness back from the lights to the battery and back up to where ever you chose to mount the master switch and the the connection for the wire to turn them on and the wire that switches between the two intensities.

the Denali D2 2.0 trioptic light comes wired just as a single intensity light, you can wire them to come on when the high beam headlight is on or with the optional module you wire them to come on with the key just like the headlight and when you select high beam it switches the D2 lights to high beam.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Is wiring harness necessary to install AUX lights? I have recently fitted some cheap LED lights in one of my bikes and connected the wires directly to the high beam switch without any relay. My question is whether it may create too much load and fry the wires?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just installed these lights. they are as strong if not stronger than full Chinese LED conversion headlight. but they are big, and I had to find a way to fit them, such as welded a bracket to the Hepco tank guard. it works very well. I connected these lights to high beam wire, so they come in only on high beam or pass light. my pictures are not very good, but these lights are so great.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts