BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have taken the tank plastics off. I’ve removed the 4 hex screws and it seems like its still attached around the gas cap. Do you have to remove the 6 hex screws for the fuel cap too?

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
The fuel cap stays on, it's a tight fit. There are additional screws, including a centrally located long screw at the front of the dark central plastic, the side plastics and the central plastics come off as one piece.

The digital service manual explains it nicely. Unfortunately I don't have access to it at the moment.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. When i tried to loosen the bottom screw on the front inside piece thats black it broke the tab off that holds under the roundel 😢

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey r3dn3ck - as someone who's removed basically everything plastic on this bike--and then even put some of it back on--I suggest you leave the gas tank bolts alone, it'll just sit there when you pull that central strip off, just my $0.02.

I wonder though...it seems so spacious under there...is an aftermarket tank with higher capacity out of the question? I hope this model gets the support it deserves and doesn't fade like the X series.

Reactions: G0MYW
1 - 5 of 5 Posts