BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modified their brake and clutch levers to an aftermarket lever that is either carbon fiber or matching the color of their bike? I doubt this would bring any type of performance upgrade but looking to modify a few small things that would differentiate my bike a bit.

Not toooo much of an issue as I seem to have the only Strato Blue Metallic G310R in southwest Virginia/northern North Carolina. I still have not seen another on the road. :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Be careful with those cheap Hong Kong levers - they have been known to fall apart which is just what you need when braking hard!

I deeply checked the material, the overall sampling, the assembly, and didn't noticed any weaknesses. Now time will tell...

·
Registered
49 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
My pix are not awesome like dejah’s, but just got some myself from Ebay, from China.

They look and feel better than the cheap stock levers for sure. Oh, and $22.00 for the pair delivered!

Seller was RZMMOTOR

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Motorcycle-Adjusting-Clutch-Brake-Levers-Set-For-BMW-G310R-2017-2018/253636931297?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=552870219460&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Are these compatible with the GS, listing says it's for the R and I don't know if the levers are the same on the GS and R.

·
Registered
117 Posts
long or short ?
I think Long levers are better

Took the short version, since I'm used to short levers while mtbiking, and because of the barkbusters cage also. By the way, short lever length is equal to the "safety cut" on OEM levers.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes, both the R and GS models share the same brake and clutch lever assemblies.
Thanks for that.
I going to try a set.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, just installed my levers from RZMMOTOR on ebay.

But I have a small issue, the clutch doesn't go all the way in as it hits the controls for lights/blinkers/horn.

It might still work, but I'm worried the clutch wont fully disengage and it feels weird not being able to pull it all the way in.

Did anyone else encounter this?

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
@Pisani,

Yes I did have the same issue.....moved the mounting point closer to the switch module, which mostly corrected the situation ( still contacts a bit).

I find I need to just the cable with as little play as possible (no resting the fingers on the lever) and can't really use the most extreme lever ajustement but it's ok.

Added bonus, less elbow in the mirror ! Did the same on the other side

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi saw the CNC levers on ebay as well. Did they fit perfectly? No need to modify the mount or anything? thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
No need to modify anything with the I bought. Part from the position of the mount as discussed earlier.

My main objective was changing the brake lever that was way to far for my small fingers.

The clutch lever flops about when riding but nothing that affects the operation.

In short...works for me!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Most Chinese levers are very good, I have used them since 2009 and with several bikes.
But the old skool 'Pazzo' lever imitation is not my favorite anymore.

Last year I have bought these Rhombus levers for my CBR250R.
They are a few dollars/euro's more, but the look and feel - design has improved.
US $28,79 - EUR 24,81

I am waiting for this shipment, but the 'Hollow' seems to be the right one.
(Previously received wrong replacement parts from another supplier)

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/CNC-3D-Rhombus-Clutch-Brake-Levers-For-BMW-G310R-2017-2018-Adjustable-Hollow/253643690536?hash=item3b0e579228:m:muYh4ij5rjHPhV-Hc9aDwkg

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Most Chinese levers are very good, I have used them since 2009 and with several bikes.
But the old skool 'Pazzo' lever imitation is not my favorite anymore.

Last year I have bought these Rhombus levers for my CBR250R.
They are a few dollars/euro's more, but the look and feel - design has improved.
US $28,79 - EUR 24,81

I am waiting for this shipment, but the 'Hollow' seems to be the right one.
(Previously received wrong replacement parts from another supplier)

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/CNC-3D-Rhombus-Clutch-Brake-Levers-For-BMW-G310R-2017-2018-Adjustable-Hollow/253643690536?hash=item3b0e579228:m:muYh4ij5rjHPhV-Hc9aDwkg
I have this one for G310 R from ebay store, same problem described above

1 - 20 of 23 Posts