BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Going to be replacing my HJC full face helmet.
Had it a few years and now it is letting in wind under the chin
and around the visor. It seems to have lost its aerodynamic quality's,
if that's possible. The seals are probably failing.
On the freeway I feel like I have a square helmet on.
Wind pushes against the visor very hard..
Can anyone recommend a nice aerodynamic helmet with Bluetooth?

Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tactical.
I'm getting the new helmet from Revzilla and unfortunately they do not stock Bilt.
They Stock:

SHOEI ARAI BELL SCUHBERTH AGV IICON SCORPION HJC LS2 BITWELL SIMPSON NEXX SS AND GMAX.

Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just bought a Neotec 2 and it seems to be a very good helmet. Much better than my Neotec 1. Probably better than my old Multitecs, but I still find them the most comfortable. Shoei fan here. Obviously.

Not sure what your budget is, though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Speaking of helmets, what do you use to clean you face shield?

I have been using Pledge Multi Surface and Plexus ($$$), both work well.

Anything better?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just the `waterless` liquid for visor and helmet, I'm not out in rain so don't know how it would affect the helmet Paul.

·
Registered
47 Posts
to get ride of splattered bugs on my visor I use baby wipes.. put one on the visor for a few moments to get it wet then use a microfibre towel to wipe off the visor...

·
Registered
17 Posts
My son just got a Shark Evo One 2. If you like modulars, it is very worth checking out. The chin bar flips around to "park" in the back so cleanly you can hardly tell it is a modular, which means you can ride in 3/4 helmet mode without the wind grabbing the chin bar. It also had built-in retractable sun visor, and cool little seal for under the chin, and pin-lock standard. They are just hitting the streets in the US.

I will note that with my Thanos-like chin, it doesn't fit well for me (bummer!).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was going to get an integrated Modular Bluetooth helmet. But I would like the option to move my bluetooth to
another helmet in the future. Although I am aware that Modular helmets are typically heavier than Full Face/Solid,
I enjoy the convenience of lifting the chin bar when drinking, talking or getting some more air when at a stop.

Side question:

Do you think the AGV Sportmodular Carbon Helmet is worth $750 ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts