BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the stickers from my tank.
I've seen some have already removed them without any problems ( and others with problems ), I thought that I'd check on technique !
Some use the low setting of a hair drier to soften the glue before removal- Any other suggestions ?
Did you get them off in one piece ?
Was there any sticky residue ? If so, what did you use to get it off ?

Then, I have new ones to replace the originals
But BMW supply no instructions on how to apply them, either with the parts or in their CD manual !
It's not as obvious as it might seem, since the stickers are apparently 'sealed' in a sandwich between a top layer of an opaque clear film, and a cream/yellow backing paper. I've tried splitting them apart, but nothing wants to move !
Anyone with experience on these ?

Thanks for any suggestions !

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've successfully used a hair dryer to warm and then peel off OEM decals. I clean off the sticky residue with Goo Gone and then wipe the area with isopropyl alcohol to remove the oily film left by the adhesive remover.

Regarding the new decals, I mark the horizontal and vertical location carefully (I use blue painters tape), then remove the paper backing, place the decal and smooth carefully. Finally peel away the clear "front" covering. That should do the trick. I can't promise this will work with BMW-specific decals but it's been successful with an array of other motorcycle and automobile replacement decals. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
i found that coating the area with windex works well for repositioning and proper placement,you have some time to work before the windex dries and the stickers stick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts