BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to reset the service interval reminder on the G310R? I have a Hexcode GS911 WIFI, but it doesn't support the G310R bikes yet.

With this bike being this easy to work on and maintain, I hope to find an answer on the nagging service reminder soon.

Thanks for any insight...
-Trent

·
Registered
222 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to reset the service interval reminder on the G310R? I have a Hexcode GS911 WIFI, but it doesn't support the G310R bikes yet.

With this bike being this easy to work on and maintain, I hope to find an answer on the nagging service reminder soon.

Thanks for any insight...
-Trent
Besides having the dealer plug it and do its magic, not aware of any workaround at the moment.

Curious, at what mileage did your light turned on ?

GS911 is mentioning future support for G310R but they're not providing any ETA unfortunately.

·
Registered
82 Posts
As most of you already know, from other posts about the "service reminder", I am thoroughly frustrated that I cannot reset the service reminder. My Chevrolet will reset the function with a couple of button presses and most other cars and non-BMW motorcycles also have the functionality to allow the owner to easily reset the reminder. Just a couple of button pushes, or holding a selector button down while you turn on the ignition or other simple process... But not BMW! You have to pay the shop 50 or 60 $dollars or go out and spend close to $400 for the GS911 diagnostic device and then go through a ridiculous hookup and diagnostic run just to reset the silly service reminder! The following utube video shows how idiotic it is on a BMW motorcycle! From my perspective, this is rather stupid and complicated!

·
Registered
469 Posts
As most of you already know, from other posts about the "service reminder", I am thoroughly frustrated that I cannot reset the service reminder. My Chevrolet will reset the function with a couple of button presses and most other cars and non-BMW motorcycles also have the functionality to allow the owner to easily reset the reminder. Just a couple of button pushes, or holding a selector button down while you turn on the ignition or other simple process... But not BMW! You have to pay the shop 50 or 60 $dollars or go out and spend close to $400 for the GS911 diagnostic device and then go through a ridiculous hookup and diagnostic run just to reset the silly service reminder! The following utube video shows how idiotic it is on a BMW motorcycle! From my perspective, this is rather stupid and complicated! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmYQDuQyPFA
It is a BMW marketing tool for them to make money. It really ticked me off on my last BMW, then I pushed my internal
ignore button and just let it go.

Reactions: angiedave

·
Registered
324 Posts
...or go out and spend close to $400 for the GS911...
Cough! :surprise:

I bought a "Dealertool" for my Triumph. Cost a wee bit over $100 shipped from the UK.

Granted that it only supports one bike vs. 10 for the GS911 (additional bikes can be added for £25 each), but I have only one bike to support.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is the service reminder calendar based, mileage based, or both?

If just calendar based, I looked up "matching years" to 2018, and found 2029 has the same calendar days and dates (ie - Tuesday 26 June 2018 = Tuesday 26 June 2029, and the entire year's day and dates match, etc...) Might need to re-match years thereafter, because it turns out they are not always sequential...

Would this work?

I have not hit either mileage or age on mine to get the SERVICE notice, but another forum member's dead battery gave hm the SERVICE indicator, and got me thinking about this possible work around...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I looked on Utube and only showing V clever Indian lads deleting the service reminder on older bikes they may get round to the 310 !!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just out for run on return engine warning came on so took it V steady, suppose it means a trip to rip off land to get code read ???? will check water, oil when cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts