BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for this - but I had to share events of this mornings commute.
On my way into work this morning I witnessed a Road Rage incident with a difference.
There was this old man in a Skoda hatchback going very slowly and being driven very very cautiously. To be honest he should not be on the road...
Following the Skoda was new very fancy expensive Motorhome, who I could see shaking his fist and flashing his headlights. Old fella in the Skoda was totally oblivious to events behind him. No idea what had gone on before I came up behind them.
I hung back because I was unsure what the old fella and the motorhome man were going to do next.
We came to a roundabout, as I was turning off I pulled along side, these 2 were going straight on. Old fella was slowing down for the roundabout, when the motorhome man sounded his horn very aggressively. Old fella I could see was physically startled by this so jumped on his brakes. Motorhome right up behind could not stop in time and ran into back of the Skoda. The tow bar fitted to the Skoda went straight thro the bumper and bodywork of the motorhome.
I did laugh...

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'd say the motorhome driver got his just desserts. 🤣🤣🤣

While an elderly motorist that should have given up the car keys a few years ago can be frustrating, they are still our elders. A bit of patience and respect should have been mustered. Should've wished the old fellow a good day with a wave and a smile (even if through gritted teeth).

An ironic thing about these road rage incidents ..... How often have we traveled in a group of cars or motorcycles, lost sight of each other along the way because someone gets so far ahead, but then find you ultimately arrive at the destination only a short time apart?

So, people are out here with anger, aggression, risk, fist fights, and sometimes killings ... because someone might be delayed a matter of minutes?

Fools we are, us humans. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
582 Posts
I love hearing of “just rewards” for those demonstrating no compassion for others. My favorite is when the tail gater goes past, wether he’s found the courage to pass or I just pull over. Then just a few miles later, bingo butt crawler is getting a well earned speeding ticket. I always honk and give thumbs up to officer, sometimes I’ll stop and make sure a sobriety test administered and officer knows this driver was being dangerous just a few miles back. Officer’s always appreciate confirmation that “this one” needs a ticket and testing. Keep them buggers off the road. We’ve a local highway that was designed for 65+ speeds but due to visibility and high use it’s limited to 55 and patrolled heavy. I experience the above scenario 25% of the time I ride it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Me all the time, though i wick it up in traffic to stay ahead of pack, stay un-whacked without some cracker crawling up me rear whilst posting

Reactions: kentforrest
1 - 5 of 5 Posts