BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed the risers but now how do I tighten the screws? I don't have any clearance...
Am I doing something wrong?
(I checked previous threads but they were very old)
I bought some low profile hex keys to do this:

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07GNPD7T6?ref_=pe_2361882_297267902_302_E_DDE_dt_1

there were also other options on Aliexpress for those with smaller budgets.

It was very frustrating to get this right - even cut off an old hex key with an angle grinder to try and get it working

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. Now I know I am doing the right thing.
Obviously Rox hasn't totally! :) What were they thinking?.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks so much. Now I know I am doing the right thing.
Obviously Rox hasn't totally! :) What were they thinking?.....
Yeah, if they had just included a 10c low profile hex key in their kit, that would have solved it. Given the cost of the kit, they could have afforded it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, not sure if it is your problem but I spend almost 1 hour myself to sort out how to install Rox riser.
Be ready to feel stupid as I felt...
Forget to screw all screws at the same time because you just can't when handlebar is in final position. In your example, I think you have to bend fordward your risers and handlebar then screw down the two bottom screws. Now place your risers and handlebar in correct position and screw down the last two screws which are on top...

PS : Sorry for my english.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, not sure if it is your problem but I spend almost 1 hour myself to sort out how to install Rox riser.
Be ready to feel stupid as I felt...
Forget to screw all screws at the same time because you just can't when handlebar is in final position. In your example, I think you have to bend fordward your risers and handlebar then screw down the two bottom screws. Now place your risers and handlebar in correct position and screw down the last two screws which are on top...

PS : Sorry for my english.
Yeah that s pretty much the solution. Try to get the handlebar in the right position then screw the bottom screws, hope that the handlebar doesn’t move and screw the top part. I guess a 2 people job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts