BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....just came in the mail today, RSV Racing frame sliders from the Taiwan division. Cant wait to put them on!

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good !

do you mind sharing the website you got it from pls :)
http://www.rsvracing.com/ I paid $114(3500THB) usd but looks like they are 2500THB($77usd) now. They are out of Thailand not Taiwan. Rsv Taiwan has the rearsets which is next on the list!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....just came in the mail today, RSV Racing frame sliders from the Taiwan division. Cant wait to put them on!
*Correction*. It’s rsvThialand not rsvTaiwan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good men, Can you post the final pic what it looks like after you install them?
Will do, but here’s a photo from internet that shows them...

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will do, but here’s a photo from internet that shows them...
Looks slick men. Noob question, what is the best way to install the right side. I have a guard bar and it's using similar bolt hole behind the coolant hose(I think that is what it is). And I was able to remove the M10 screw by using an extra screw driver to lever/pinch the hose out of the way while I'm unscrewing the screw. Putting the guard bar and the screw back in, I use the same process - use an extra screw driver and lever the hose out of the way while putting it back in. I think I might have stripped the bolt hole a little bit because it's putting it in an angle. I don't want to cause anymore damage. What's the best way to put that bolt back in with the slider/bar when that hose is in the way? I think of just removing it out of the way, which might be messy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it uses the engine mount bolt. Best way would be to remove the hose but i just took my time and and was able to move the hose away just enough to get the bolt back in straight. And the engine was cold so there was no pressure in the hose. I also used a long ball end Allen wrench

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes it uses the engine mount bolt. Best way would be to remove the hose but i just took my time and and was able to move the hose away just enough to get the bolt back in straight. And the engine was cold so there was no pressure in the hose. I also used a long ball end Allen wrench

Thanks. I tried implementing the long ball technique, but I feel like I need a third arm to do that. I don't want to strip the bolt, so I end up removing the coolant hose. Install the guard, put the hose back in.

In the process of hose removal, some of the coolant fluid started draining. I checked the coolant level and it is now just a little bit below the MIN line. This is again a total rookie question - obviously this is my first time doing stuff like this. But my question is what is the best coolant I could use for G310r to just top it off. Right now it is using a blue coolant. Do you recommend a brand or type for g310r?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I recommend bmw coolant only while under warranty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts