BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted with a lot of help from my mate, looks good and is very solid offering ultimate protection ... starting to look more like an adventure bike now, barkbusters and talk screen next

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does use the first long bolt point underneath(bolt in there already), but not the second bracket which is free behind, I’m not sure if this would effect the centre stand fitting, I will see if I can see fitting instructions for centre stand and let you know

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just fitted with a lot of help from my mate, looks good and is very solid offering ultimate protection ... starting to look more like an adventure bike now, barkbusters and talk screen next
I would love to see a picture of how those bars bolt together up in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rumbux Mounting Points

I would love to see a picture of how those bars bolt together up in front of the radiator.

Hi Stampede I will try to take a photo tonight, the front tubes come up to top of radiator, they have a cross member bracing each side bolted on, then the cross member bolts to radiator mounts at top

Cheers

Jason

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks good, and very sturdy as well. Rumbux must also be a maker of demolition derby equipment! Crash bars and bash plate don't imply soft and gentle. :grin2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi JayStevens197! I just received my rumbux crash bars and started to install them. I'm having issues removing the "rear engine to frame bolt". wondering if you had the same issue and how you overcame it if so. seems like the break pedal assembly is in the way for the head of that bolt to come out... I've been kicking (not at the bike) and swearing a lot so far with little results.. help please! thk you

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi JayStevens197! I just received my rumbux crash bars and started to install them. I'm having issues removing the "rear engine to frame bolt". wondering if you had the same issue and how you overcame it if so. seems like the break pedal assembly is in the way for the head of that bolt to come out... I've been kicking (not at the bike) and swearing a lot so far with little results.. help please! thk you

Hi I had the same problem until my mate pointed out its the bolt nearer the front that you can get to, just chock up the engine so it does not drop, have to give a few taps to get the bolt out but from there its plain sailing, I will take a picture when I get home tonight if you are still having problems.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was interested in one if these Rumbux kits for my bike, found a supplier in UK - www.DV8AA.co.uk
I emailed them for price and availability this is their reply :

My apologies, but Rumbux has stop manufacturing at this point.
We are currently investigate if we can import another good quality brand.
We don't have any stock available.

Not sure if its correct or there may be other reasons, but that's the reply I got.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thx for the quick reply. I will take a pic myself bc even with giving a small tap from the other side, no way that bolt will come out. looks like I have to file the top of the head of manage to cut the head off which worries me for so many reasons.

please send me your pics. I'll be working again on it this weekend. I'm loosing sleep over this !!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was interested in one if these Rumbux kits for my bike, found a supplier in UK - www.DV8AA.co.uk
I emailed them for price and availability this is their reply :

My apologies, but Rumbux has stop manufacturing at this point.
We are currently investigate if we can import another good quality brand.
We don't have any stock available.

Not sure if its correct or there may be other reasons, but that's the reply I got.
yes. they stopped manufacturing. I received one of the last batch last month after waiting for the bars for about 4 months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts