BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my never ending pursuit of a real skid plate I came across Rumbux from South Africa.
Pretty beefy construction, three piece setup with skid plate and high crash bars.
4950 South African Rand less 15% VAT for international customers is about 4250 converted to just over
$400 Canadian. Have a request in for a shipping quote which could be steep from across the pond.
Anyone have experience or reviews of their product?
Cheers
Rick

·
Registered
20 Posts
I contacted Rumbux directly a few days ago and was referred to their North American importer/retailer for ordering info. The retailer is located in UT and quoted me $575 USD with free shipping. He also said that orders normally take 4-6 weeks. I haven't ordered one but it is high on the possibility list.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted Rumbux directly a few days ago and was referred to their North American importer/retailer for ordering info. The retailer is located in UT and quoted me $575 USD with free shipping. He also said that orders normally take 4-6 weeks. I haven't ordered one but it is high on the possibility list.
$575 US = $691 Canadian before shipping, too rich for my blood.
Direct from Rumbux it's about $407 Canadian before shipping costs, so we are looking at over $300 in shipping and
US dealer markup.
:surprise:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a set of the Rumbux on order from the guy in UT. I was reluctant to pay the huge mark up over the Mfg's retail but I really like how the Rumbux bars mount to the frame and not anywhere on the engine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Crash bars and bash plate

I am considering Hepco & Becker, Wunderlich, if availability is issue in India I would be going with these as attached pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got the SW-Motech Skidplate ~3mm Aluminum silver. I am thinking of Cerakoting it. Not sure what color yet... white, black, maybe pink? (just kidding) that would look funny though. No offence to the girls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts