BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have fitted a givi sat nav bracket but could do with a better screen to cover the sat nav, It needs to be higher but also away from the dash more any one know of anything. A batzen bracket would be good if he made them for this bike.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I recently switched from the traditional satnav unit sitting on a mount on the handlebars, to just a bluetooth hookup in my helmet, that relays to me the spoken instructions from my phone's google maps app. Should have done this years ago, for the main reason that I no longer need to look at a screen for the instructions, I just have to listen to my'co-driver' so that I keep my eyes focused on the road. Much safer and just as effective.

Reactions: Defender

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently switched from the traditional satnav unit sitting on a mount on the handlebars, to just a bluetooth hookup in my helmet, that relays to me the spoken instructions from my phone's google maps app. Should have done this years ago, for the main reason that I no longer need to look at a screen for the instructions, I just have to listen to my'co-driver' so that I keep my eyes focused on the road. Much safer and just as effective.
I do have bluetooth connection in my Helmet and it is great to have this info your ear but I do like to look at sat nav, it shows you the route ahead bad bends etc.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I also use Google Maps on my phone with the Bluetooth in my helmet. I bought the BMW Motorrad tank bag for the 310 and it has a clear top with space for a map or phone so I just use that as well for the visual assistance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have brought a fully adjustable ego duo extension from the net that clips on and adjust up and down plus tilts either way too, seems good just need to try it now.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Be aware that your navigation device is shock- vibration- and waterproof.
Most devices,that are not specially designed for motorcycles, can't stand the high frequency vibrations.

And vibrations on a single cylinder …………………………………………………………...

·
Registered
167 Posts
If only the Zumo was not the ripoff they are.

My Refurbd Nuvi cost 5 times less than a Zumo and survived a year on my ex CBR-250R (Talk about vibrations on that one ! , my hands tingle just thinking about it)

So my reasoning is that if the Nuvi survives even part of this season, I can stil buy 3 more and still be ahead of Garmin.

Sometimes this industry reminds me of my sailboating years.

How do you make a small fortune out of of a large one? Buy a boat...or a plane...or a motorcycle....)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have made my own SatNav mount. Basically I had a TomTom One XL sat in drawers at home, not being used and collecting dust. My car has its own SatNav and so does wife's. I was bored during lockdown and Googled 'diy homemade TomTom mount for motorcycle'. Surprisingly I got quite a few ideas, but as I was in lockdown and unable to get out to buy anything I chose one which I had bit kicking around the garage.
Which involved using a Bicycle reflector and mount. - carefully taking the reflector bit off, using the ring at the back off the TomTom and drilling 4 small holes and bolting the ring and reflector back together and then mounting, on the handlebars. Works really well and didn't cost anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
this is what looks like fitted.
I know that whats being said about, waterproof and vibration. But I have taken the view the TomTom is surplus and a few years old, its got a rubber protection case, which should give it limited protection against the elements and it cost me nowt to fit. So will use until it gives up.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts