BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. as my g310r is booked in with my local dealer this saturday morning for first 600 mile service. i would be very interested to know what the likely cost should be and if this varies from country to country. i live in the uk by the way :smile2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have heard anywhere from $150 to $300 in Canadian funds, there is a post here somewhere with a discussion on it.
What did your service department tell you it was going to cost?

Reactions: baitbox

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had my 600 mile service done by Pidcocks Nottingham last July and it was approx £144, which I thought was a bit expensive just to basically change the oil and do a quick check over. They even got the bill wrong originally as they tried to charge me £177 which included 4 litres of oil. I then pointed out that the bike only took 1.7 litres but they still charged me for a full 2 litres anyway. They also adjusted the rear chain too tight. I won't be going back there for anything at all. You even need a degree to operate the over complicated coffee machine. The salesperson, when he sold the bike to me, admitted that he needed to complete the sale before the end of June 2017, so he could include it in his bonus for the month. I will be doing all the maintenance myself from now on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seems to me that BMW motorcycle dealers do not have fixed price menu servicing!? i will see what Balderstons at Peterborough charge!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think Pidcocks charged me for the time it took to do the small recalls which involved changing 10 bolts and checking the front brake caliper mounting bolts - which they also probably got paid for by BMW. Like I said, I will never use them again for anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Pidcocks charged me for the time it took to do the small recalls which involved changing 10 bolts and checking the front brake caliper mounting bolts - which they also probably got paid for by BMW. Like I said, I will never use them again for anything.
i would be the same.....once bitten etc

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here in Mexico that same service costs 2000 MXN$ (US$ 111) it could differ from other countries due to taxes ans stuff but it should cost around that.

Reactions: baitbox

·
Registered
82 Posts
In the United States, BMW uses a service estimator tool which shows the hours for each procedure.

The estimator tool "quotes" 1.2 hours for the 1st (1000km) service. Recall items, if any are no-charge parts and no-charge labor.

In my region, most dealers charge around $105 per hour, so the labor for the 1st service would be $126 plus the oil, filter, and gasket kit.
In the US, the oil, filter and gasket kit is $47.51 so the 1st service would be $126 plus $47.51 for a total of $173.51 plus local tax.

·
Registered
469 Posts
seems to me that BMW motorcycle dealers do not have fixed price menu servicing!? i will see what Balderstons at Peterborough charge!
Labor rates differ quite a bit from country to country for obvious reasons. Even within the same country dealers
labor rates vary. Unfortunately, the old "flat rate" crap still exists, so if the book says 1.2 hours, that's what your charged.
Even if it takes 45 minutes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Philippines

Oil X2 (99 17 2 444 515) $29.17
Oil Filter (11 42 8 562 889) $24.03
Labor: (15FRU) $53.22

Net: $106.42USD

·
Registered
469 Posts
$0, don't know if it is Australia wide or just my dealer.

This was only for the initial service and parts.
I've had that luxury before, usually it's rolled in to the initial selling price.
Regardless it feels good to get the first one done and not have to open your wallet for it.
Sometimes it can be negotiated in the sale along with other goodies. But not a lot of markup
on these entry level kind of motorcycles.
Mine was $150 off a tailbag.:grin2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok had first service completed this saturday just gone. the cost was exactly £100 to the penny! which sounds more like a fixed charge rather than the actual cost. this also included a quick valet....which i was pleased about because the bike was absolutely filthy. i'm just glad i can use the bike as it was intended i.e using the whole rev range and not just to 6000 rpm :smile2:

·
Registered
197 Posts
ok had first service completed this saturday just gone. the cost was exactly £100 to the penny! which sounds more like a fixed charge rather than the actual cost. this also included a quick valet....which i was pleased about because the bike was absolutely filthy. i'm just glad i can use the bike as it was intended i.e using the whole rev range and not just to 6000 rpm :smile2:
Who is the dealer that you used?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts