BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
It's probably only the fork oil that needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I paid £100 at Rainbow, Rotherham for first service but quoted £150 to change oil/filter so ill be doing that myself, any one know who is selling oil/filter without going to main dealers ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Spent a few years in Portugal and the law is no dealer is allowed to charge more than 50 euro per hour in labour cost`s pity other countries don't follow example.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am from India and just booked GS310. I was wondering what is maintenance interval for GS after breaking period and what is the average cost per servicing.

I have heard we need to change chain sprocket and fork after every 15000 km. Chain sprocket is ok but why Fork???

Thanks.
Sunil Lokhande
Maintainance information is located in the owners manual. Cost varies worldwide. Labor rate at my dealer is $115 an hour

·
Registered
469 Posts
First required service done today at just under 1000kms.
$277 Canadian.
Ouch!

·
Super Moderator
1,173 Posts
Just had the 1 year service, AUD273:

vehicle test with BMW diagnostic system
change engine oil and filter
checked coolant level
checked/adjusted clutch play
checked freedom of movement of throttle cables
changed brake fluid front and back
checked tyre pressure and tread depth
checked/adjusted steering head bearing play
lubricated side stand
checked/adjusted chain sag and lubed chain
checked lights and signals
function test, engine start suppression
final inspection and check roadworthiness
perform vehicle test with BMW diagnostic system
set service due date and count down distance to next service
confirm service in service book

They didn't charge for the brake fluid, they charged 22.77 for Castrol active 4t 15w/50, they charged 2.62 for a gasket ring and 22.79 for an oil filter (all included in the 273)

Bonus: I received a $70 gift voucher (valid only for BMW accessories) which I used to buy a BMW t-shirt.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My first service was... 60,54€ !
Yes, it's US$ 70 ! But there is a trick, they (BMW Cannes, French Riviera) did offered me labor fee, probably to convince me to come back for future services, but anyway I was more than surprised :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 1st service with local BMW motorrad dealer. rm300 = €65 (US$ 74)

My first service was... 60,54€ !
Yes, it's US$ 70 ! But there is a trick, they (BMW Cannes, French Riviera) did offered me labor fee, probably to convince me to come back for future services, but anyway I was more than surprised :)

G

·
Just had mine done this weekend at Morton's (East Coast Virginia) - Feels MUCH better with fresh oil and break-in adjustments. $200USD (140 labor the rest in parts) - Seems a bit much, but whatever...

Got to play on a NineT Pure while I waited. Will be my next bike along side the G. Well worth the day and the money.

B

·
Registered
12 Posts
$229.27 for 600 mile service

• $172.50 for labor ($115/hr)
  • $26.22 for Motorrad 5w-40 ($13.11/bottle)
  • $17.11 for oil filter
  • $2.58 for gasket ring
  • $7.65 for shop supplies for repair order
  • $3.21 for taxes

The Service Advisor confirmed the side stand recall.

I told the Service Advisor about the new and strange noises that have developed. At 6500-7000rpm gives off this "bell ringing" type sound. Speed doesn't matter and has done it since day one. The other developed over the 600 miles and happens between 3000-6000 rpm. Their response was "noises seem normal for bike" :confused:

On the ride back (dealer is ~95 miles away), I played grab the parts while riding. The 3000-6000 rpm noise is the left mirror. I'll have to track down the other noise as well.

I was impressed with the purchasing process and salesperson at this dealership, but the service side is sinking any chances of me going back for another purchase. I may try another Motorrad dealer in another state for assistance.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just to throw a spanner in the works, my dealer did my 1st service for free.. It must have been included in the purchase deal that we did.!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
In the US I paid $289 for my 1st service, which I thought was a joke. I know they are suppose to do more than change the oil. They told me that it takes 2 hours to complete. They were done with the bike in an hour and 15 minutes, but charged me for the whole 2 hours. I walked away feeling cheated. All my other motorcycles, I did the 1st oil change and never had any issue. The next new bike, I will do it my self.

·
Registered
222 Posts
In the US I paid $289 for my 1st service, which I thought was a joke. I know they are suppose to do more than change the oil. They told me that it takes 2 hours to complete. They were done with the bike in an hour and 15 minutes, but charged me for the whole 2 hours. I walked away feeling cheated. All my other motorcycles, I did the 1st oil change and never had any issue. The next new bike, I will do it my self.
They might do "more" than an oil change, as per the checklist they are supposed to follow. However, the rest of the items on that checklist are pretty easy tasks that most can do themselves and certainly not worth a $289 invoice.
That's why I chose to do it myself on mine.
Only thing that no one is really able (yet -- at least without paying a lot of money for a GS911 device) is the step where they reset the countdown to next service, so the service symbol might appear one day (surprisingly still haven't appeared on mine, after 4000 KMs)..

For reference here's the 1st service checklist as I've already posted in the past:
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/32609-post27.html

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
They might do "more" than an oil change, as per the checklist they are supposed to follow. However, the rest of the items on that checklist are pretty easy tasks that most can do themselves and certainly not worth a $289 invoice.
That's why I chose to do it myself on mine.
Only thing that no one is really able (yet -- at least without paying a lot of money for a GS911 device) is the step where they reset the countdown to next service, so the service symbol might appear one day (surprisingly still haven't appeared on mine, after 4000 KMs)..

For reference here's the 1st service checklist as I've already posted in the past:
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/32609-post27.html
There is a separate thread on the alternative to the GS911, being the German MotoScan, which will set you back $100 but included in that is a generic bluetooth OBD LX reader that will also read and clear most car codes when used with various apps.

Reactions: G0MYW
41 - 60 of 66 Posts