BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
$37 for 4 oil filters on eBay.
$22 for 1 gallon Rotella T6 Synthetic on Amazon. Meets BMW specifications.
$11 for 150 assorted sizes crush washers on Amazon.

Come on, guys. Do it yourself.
Don't let them bend you over.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Just had my Annual inspection and service (3 years) and bi-annual brake fluid change.

Annual service was AU$181.49, Oil was AU$18.40, gasket ring AU$2.75, Oil filter AU$23.26

Bi-annual brake fluid change AU$60, brake fluid AU$13.59

Sundries AU$5

Total AU$334.95

They gave me a $100 voucher to spend on BMW gear so I got two t-shirts that were reduced from $80 down to $50

They also lent me an F900R for half a day while my bike was being serviced.

Great value for money in my opinion!

·
Registered
123 Posts
OK, so unfortunately I can beat all of you...
Before the service I was quoted $250 ( which was a bit of a surprise ).
When I picked the bike up the actual bill was $310...
'Welcome to Manhattan', as they say !

·
Registered
1 Posts
First service, the run-in service with oil and oil filter change and the checks. In Sweden October 2021. 3290 Skr wich is about 380 USD, I believe. Due mainly to high labor cost in a high tax society. Labor cost was 1750 Skr (1.10 hours). Value added tax was 668Skr. Environmental fee was 69 Skr. Got new brake calipers due to bmw recall. That was for free.
I have my opinions on high taxes and their uses, but that is off topic. BMW G310GS

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my first bike (G310R) last weekend and found this forum while looking up servicing and maintenance advice. I live in the DC area (USA) and I was told by the dealership I bought my bike at that the 600 mile service would be about $450 (USD). Once I read through this thread, I had to make an account just to share this. People are on here complaining about a $200 service while they're trying to steal $450 from me...

Anyway, seems like the general advice is to just service it myself. I just bought the service manual from ebay so that should help, but it seems like just change the oil/filter and check chain (possible adjustment). No way am I paying $450 for that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my first bike (G310R) last weekend and found this forum while looking up servicing and maintenance advice. I live in the DC area (USA) and I was told by the dealership I bought my bike at that the 600 mile service would be about $450 (USD). Once I read through this thread, I had to make an account just to share this. People are on here complaining about a $200 service while they're trying to steal $450 from me...

Anyway, seems like the general advice is to just service it myself. I just bought the service manual from ebay so that should help, but it seems like just change the oil/filter and check chain (possible adjustment). No way am I paying $450 for that.
Update, I found another nearby dealer who did it for $320. Still expensive, but somewhat more reasonable and I wanted to check out this dealership anyway. Glad I went in and had it done officially because a week later, my rear turn signal fell off (no idea how, just walked to the bike in my parking lot one morning and saw it hanging off). Patched it up with duct tape and brought it back to the dealer again. They're replacing it free of charge through warranty with no issues. Super easy to file the warranty claim.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The only cheap part of a BMW is the nutter clinging to the handle bars. Here in States, you can do the work your self and not affect warranty. Most dealers will be cool with this, take the bike in and let them perform those operations you didn’t do. Getting your ECU updated can really make a difference. Having documentation of required service gets important at sales time or warranty. If you milk it proper, it’s not a bad experience for the money. I love getting the loaner to check out for a day, a BMW exclusive I think. If you can achieve a good relationship with local dealer, your miles ahead of the game. Technician rates have gone loco like everything. Just how it is. If super bothersome, I’d advise selling the unit and getting a CSC unit as they cater to “low cost” and DIY servicing. The 310 may be low cost but it’s not a cheaply made unit. It is all BMW good, bad and ugly.

·
Registered
188 Posts
One early inspection that DIY May struggle some with is adjustment of the steering head bearings, called for at running in check. A first for BMW, the 310 has ball bearings rather than the standard tapered rollers. Balls require more maintenance and have short life in off road duty. Sensitive to preload. Whacked out balls can induce strange handling.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts