BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Service Indicator ON?

17K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MTBshed 
I'm the other way around. Performed the 1st maintenance myself, was expecting the light to comes ON, but still not showing up and I'm passed the 2000 km mark now. Go figure....
In your case, just go back to the dealer, like you say they might have skipped that step while working on your bike. Once it's ON, I'm not aware of any method to turn it off besides having BMW diagnosis system hooked to it.

I totally get your point. On most recent cars I had, there is such a warning for oil change or maintenance interval and the end-user can turn the warning off using a simple procedure (with the ignition key and gas pedal set to a certain position, etc.). The procedure is not that much of a secret and usually even printed in the owner's manual.

I agree a check-engine or a mechanical fault would deserve a visit to the dealer, but a reminder to do the maintenance, not in my books. No problem by showing me a reminder, thanks for that, but no thanks for not making me able to turn if off after I've done the said maintenance.

On other models of BMW you can use a tool called GS911 which allows to control certain parameters and turn off such warnings. Unfortunately #1: the G310x series is not supported yet, and unfortunately #2: it remains a very costly tool if you just want to perform this very basic kind of task with it. ($400?!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.