BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service reminder has been showing on my instrument cluster for about the last four months.

I chatted with the service manager at our local dealership the other day and he told me that the reminder was calendar based.
Today I went into the setup mode and set the date back two years, voila, the reminder disappeared!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
That's like putting a smily face sticker to cover your car's 'check engine' light. Or, as we say in Holland, "sticking your head in the sand".

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
The better solution is to either get the service done or do it yourself and then re-setting the service loght with the MotoScan app and ELM or OBDLink bluetooth scanner.

·
Registered
751 Posts
no, you just need to eliminate it with the MotoScan application. you can get it on you mobile, but need a bluetooth connector. that reminder is simply annoying. I do service when I feel it is right, and don't need to see that stupid reminder on my dashboard

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Yeah, I'd rather have the dashboard reminder than having to rely on some other 'method' of reminding me when it was time.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I change engine oil very often. i am certainly not going to wait for 10000km to change the oil. this is just not good for the bike. when I got the bike, the service reminder was just very annoying.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I change engine oil very often. i am certainly not going to wait for 10000km to change the oil. this is just not good for the bike. when I got the bike, the service reminder was just very annoying.
Hi Kris, on the topic of oil change interval, I agree 10,000km is long, however, it is not exactly what BMW recommends.
If you read correctly in the owner's manual Maintenance Schedule it is every 10,000 km OR every year, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Kris, on the topic of oil change interval, I agree 10,000km is long, however, it is not exactly what BMW recommends.
If you read correctly in the owner's manual Maintenance Schedule it is every 10,000 km OR every year, whichever comes first.
Heap, yes I know. still I find it annoying this service reminder which in gs is very aggressive. at least in my bike, each time I started the bike before all the dashboard lit up, a message came 'you have 800km to the next service', and only after, around 30 second it was going away. In fact I thought that something is wrong with the bike. I am adult and I like to determine myself when I should service the bike next time, not just because BMW wants to rip me off by forcing to do service. anyway, with MotoScan I have eliminated this problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Heap, yes I know. still I find it annoying this service reminder which in gs is very aggressive. at least in my bike, each time I started the bike before all the dashboard lit up, a message came 'you have 800km to the next service', and only after, around 30 second it was going away. In fact I thought that something is wrong with the bike. I am adult and I like to determine myself when I should service the bike next time, not just because BMW wants to rip me off by forcing to do service. anyway, with MotoScan I have eliminated this problem.
Hi Kris! There are many like me who has these doubts, 1. Which type OBD reader are you using? 2. What kind of cable adaptor is required? Can you pls share the purchase links. And finally apart from MotoScan is there any other app we can use with this OBD reader.

·
Registered
260 Posts
OK PCJOJY,
we've got this in the Tech section if you want to read more.
But this youtube Video is ALL you need to know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, GOMYN! But I still have a doubt regarding the adaptor cable, can anyone confirm if the adaptor cable shown in the video will work with G310R/GS.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks, GOMYN! But I still have a doubt regarding the adaptor cable, can anyone confirm if the adaptor cable shown in the video will work with G310R/GS.
the adapter cable to 310 is not required. the bluetooth devise plugs directly into the ecu connector. but you do need to pay some money for the MotoScan software. little money in my opinion, considering the great benefit you get from it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the adapter cable to 310 is not required. the bluetooth devise plugs directly into the ecu connector. but you do need to pay some money for the MotoScan software. little money in my opinion, considering the great benefit you get from it.
Kris can you be more specific regarding OBD reader there are many out there (a bit confussed) or can you please share the purchase link or the details of the OBD reader.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Can the app disable the ABS? I would love to be able to disable ABS for the rear. Make the G310R a SuperMoto machine. It's fun sliding the rear.
No, i am afraid disabling rear ABS is not possible. but if you don't like abs, why cannot you just disable both front and rear? the front ABS rarely kicks in.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts