BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

1700 miles total, +-700 off pavement. Headed to Utah so I thought some mods would be a good idea.

Added Shinkos today, 804/805, big tires but feel both nimble and surprisingly smooth on pavement. Previously added: Barkbusters Storm hand guards, they seem very strong. Rox 2 inch risers set fwd a bit. 6-1, 190lbs. Rally raid adds: Frame mounted engine guard, I recommend it but noticed a cpl. incomplete welds :(. RR tall tinted windscreen, RR level 2 suspension w/ rear hydraulic preload adjuster. Rides great, firm, comfy catching a lil airtime and still quite fast on the twisties. BMW Motorad rear soft bag w/ a cpl. molle bags strapped on.

Still searching for a tank bag, I didnt think the BMW motorad tank bag fit very well, overhang. A new exhaust would be nice, Ive heard some can add another 10%, maybe upgraded lights too, time will tell.

Attachments

Registered
Very cool they look good and will help me alot I think. Thank you for the info. And good looking mods. Keep it shiny side up and have fun.

Registered
Nicely done! I鈥檓 getting the Shinkos next week. Rode GJ to the Dolores today with a Koko/White Rim trip planned next month. Your bike looks great and jealous of the RR suspension! Have a great time馃馃徑

Registered
Hello All

1700 miles total, +-700 off pavement. Headed to Utah so I thought some mods would be a good idea.

Added Shinkos today, 804/805, big tires but feel both nimble and surprisingly smooth on pavement. Previously added: Barkbusters Storm hand guards, they seem very strong. Rox 2 inch risers set fwd a bit. 6-1, 190lbs. Rally raid adds: Frame mounted engine guard, I recommend it but noticed a cpl. incomplete welds :(. RR tall tinted windscreen, RR level 2 suspension w/ rear hydraulic preload adjuster. Rides great, firm, comfy catching a lil airtime and still quite fast on the twisties. BMW Motorad rear soft bag w/ a cpl. molle bags strapped on.

Still searching for a tank bag, I didnt think the BMW motorad tank bag fit very well, overhang. A new exhaust would be nice, Ive heard some can add another 10%, maybe upgraded lights too, time will tell.
ETJ - thoughts on RR engine guards and skid plate? I can鈥檛 find another integrated option. I鈥檓 taking delivery of my cosmic black ride tomorrow. Your bike looks awesome!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
ETJ - thoughts on RR engine guards and skid plate? I can鈥檛 find another integrated option. I鈥檓 taking delivery of my cosmic black ride tomorrow. Your bike looks awesome!

I like the design a lot. Looks great and is definitely secure and protective. My only complaint is that a cpl. of the welds didn't span the entire circum. of the joints, still very strong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts