BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to give the G 310 R a test ride over the weekend. I got to the dealer later than planned so it was short, but sweet. Fit and finish is good. Riding position is perfect for city commutes. Light and nimble with decent power. Only complaint was the transmission as it was a bit hard to get in the neutral which will probably get better over time. The clutch is very soft, but then again, I'm used to a stiff clutch.

The dealer does want to offer more seat time. Hopefully they will give me a call back to do a weekend demo through the canyons. After that, I might be sold!

Anyhow, I haven't see an videos of anyone doing semi-aggressive pulls. So for those curious, here are a few. Above 6k...the sounds of joy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Only complaint was the transmission as it was a bit hard to get in the neutral which will probably get better over time. The clutch is very soft, but then again, I'm used to a stiff clutch.
The gearbox/shifting DOES get smoother over time. That was my main complaint first week I rode this bike. Odometer now reads 1700km and finding neutrals are no longer an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's good to know. tried the usual such as going into neutral before coming to full stop...difficult. while at a stop, rev the motor a bit...difficult. tried to roll the bike back and forth...difficult.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts