BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across a website in germany selling a kit that lets you mount a light behind the BMW roundel on the side of the bike. I thought that was cool as frig!
so without enough thought and investigation I ordered a kit.:nerd:

well it turns out than normal "made in germany" BMW's have 70mm roundels, m
"made in India" BMW's use center caps from BMW car wheels. no joke, look up parts diagram for this bike, that badge is marked "center cap" and it is 55mm

I am not that easy to beat, it requires trimming off the retaining tabs from the roundel, and careful grinding down of the light puck to 55mm and the re-drilling of the mounting holes.

careful trimming of the adhesive disc to secure the roundel to the light puck and TA DA!! first one is together and ready to wire up.

I found the kit here: https://www.schroedie.de/en/For-BMW-R-Series/R1200GSAdventure/Lighting-Electrical/

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
yep, that's the link I posted in one of the other threads, shame that it doesn't come in the 310 size, did you get the ones that work as both running lights and indicators? Where did (or will) you run the wires to?

I have sent them a message to see if they will make a model for the 310 for anyone else that is interested.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where the side panel mounts the connector for the light comes out of the back of the panel close to where the stock connector for the turn signals are located so I can make the ground and turn signal power connection on either side. the connection for the white running light will be made up front at one of the accessory switched connections on the back of the gauge cluster.
it will require taking the front end apart but I already need to to switch out the LED headlight I had put in. it works great on low beam but has poor high beam coverage so I am switching to something different.

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
I contacted Schroedie and they said that they are quite busy at the moment as it's spring in Germany, but they expect to have something for the 310R and GS around July.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts