BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any decent side stand enlargers that don't cost too much, the R&G version costs about AU$80 once you include postage to Australia.

I'm looking for something in the AU$25 range including postage.

I have seen side stand enlargers for the R and GS on ebay for around AU$17, but these look a bit cheap.

·
Registered
308 Posts
P, have you a small fabrication shop near you they are bound to have alloy checker plate cut to what size you want and 2/3 small s/s boults to fix it, d

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to carry a 3.5" rounded-edge square of diamond plate around. Fits in jacket pocket and was scrap from a local fab shop. Most bike shops also have their own branded plastic or metal ones. Ask around and they will probably just give you one.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I used to carry a 3.5" rounded-edge square of diamond plate around. Fits in jacket pocket and was scrap from a local fab shop. Most bike shops also have their own branded plastic or metal ones. Ask around and they will probably just give you one.
Same idea as what I use, keep it in my tail bag.
Only need it when I park on potentially soft ground. Asphalt in the heat or dirt.
Was a scrap rectangular piece of metal plate, I rounded off the corners, sprayed it black,
and now have patented it and for sale for 10 cents.:grin2:

Reactions: sunster

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know if the foot of the side stand is the same size for both the R and the GS?

·
Registered
935 Posts
I use to have one and …… put a rope on it.
Once back on the bike I just, like a fisherman, put the bike upright, sitting on it, and then took the robe and 'fished' the plate 'on board.
Once you stop, throw down the plate and manouvre it ( a little bit) around with the rope to find the rigt spot to park the bike.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, either the GS foot on the side stand is different to the R foot, or the side stand enlarger that I got has the wrong footprint.

No biggy, I can router out a half thumbnail sized portion to make the R foot fit.

I'll post a picture after I've got it to fit.

The side stand enlarger is bloody big, should be able to park my bike on mushy and sandy ground without the bike falling over.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally had some time to fix up the side stand enlarger (GS version) so that it would fit the R. Just drilled out a half thumbnail portion on the top part, and about 1mm on the bottom right so that the R foot would fit.

Picture attached

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts