BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what the plug termination looks like on other 310s. My cable wrap stops short of the plug and it seems a great place for water to get into the plug end. I will likely wrap the exposed wires anyway but I am curious what other harnesses look like. 8F3F38AB-349C-4148-A8DE-7DCA1E18A035_1555770458119.jpg

Registered
Yup. That's pretty much what mine looks like. There are seals around the wires to stop water getting in, but I am going to wrap mine better when I get 5 minutes. 馃槈

Registered
Curious what the plug termination looks like on other 310s. My cable wrap stops short of the plug and it seems a great place for water to get into the plug end. I will likely wrap the exposed wires anyway but I am curious what other harnesses look like. View attachment 12744

Mine was similar - I used black silicon to seal where the wires enter the plug. The plug itself fills with water if a careless dealer hoses the bike (and presumably when riding in the rain) so I put Vaseline in to prevent corrosion taking hold. A bit of thought at the design stage such that the male/female ends were reversed would have eliminated that problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts