BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new Akra exhaust from the Sierra BMW online store about 2 weeks ago and then went on vacation, figuring it would probably arrive at some point after I came home since deliveries from US to EU usually takes a bit more time.

Right after purchase the order was set to "processing", and to my suprise its still the exact same status about 2 weeks later.
Tried calling in where some guy took my order number and said he will look into it and send me a mail later before he hung up, wich was 2 days ago.

Are they just really slow or am I being impatient here?
I just dont have experience with them from before, and I am likely a bit spoiled by most online stores around here shipping 1-3 days after an order gets placed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Might have been a pre-order or backorder item, Thomas. I ordered my first oil change kit from them and got it in about 7 days. I'm also in Washington State in the USA, north of them.

Message them on Facebook!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Talked to Sierra 2 days ago...

I talked to Sierra BMW 2 days ago about ordering the Akrapovic S-B3R1-RC/1 carbon fiber for my 310GS and they said they just shipped out the last 3 they had. They said it only takes about 3 days to get more in but I am not so sure about that as I have had a hard time finding one.

Motostorm.com looks like they have some (Italy) and
Biohazardcycles.com (USA) have 9 in warehouse (I ordered one)
Let me know if you are able to get one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the links!
I am looking for the stainless one for a cleaner and more original look (and sound), but that one seems to be even harder to come by than the carbon one.

As a sidenote, my bike is a GS, and I was also unsure if the fitting is the same for both R and GS, and according to non-stop there seems to be an extra fitting kit needed to get the Akra installed properly on the GS.
Not sure if the Non-stop has separated the products to make more cash, or that this is something that has gone under the radar.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Check out Dominator exhausts from Poland.
There's a thread on exhausts all about this in the GS Tech section.

·
Registered
163 Posts
there seems to be an extra fitting kit needed to get the Akra installed properly on the GS.
there is a different bracket that fits the GS (http://www.tecnomoto.gr/pdf/S-B3R1-RC-1_PARTS0.pdf) and another one suitable for the R. i suppose that both are included in the box.
anyway i still wait mine (which i ordered a month ago), it seems there is a worldwide shortage of akrapovic pipes :)
maybe the 310 sells like hot cakes..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts