BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 BMW G310GS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2018 BMW G310GS a couple weeks ago. Right away I hated the front brakes and was not confident in the rear brakes. Also did not like the gearing and immediately started the search for pads and a 17 tooth sprocket. Amazon to the rescue. EBC Sintered on the back and front sintered pads found on Amazon. Easy install, watched about half of the video on U-Tube for both front and back and all in all took no more than 40 minutes in the garage. Results were terrific. Now have front brakes that will really stop and a firm back brake pad as well. I also took a few minutes to add a larger foot pad on the brake for the rear. Easy to find now.

The rear sprocket came in today from Amazon. 17 tooth it was and another easy install. Took about 45 minutes or so to finish the install. Had to loosen the wheel nut a 27mm socket and a couple of hex for the side cover. Used a torque wrench to remove the sprocket bolt and a regular open end wrench to unwind the adjustment bolts. Painted a flat to kind of watch how much I was taking out of the adjustment on both sides and the sprocket came out and new one in with no drama. Buttoned up the middle of the bike and did the hardest part that of equaling out the amount of tightness on both sides equally. Test ride and it was great. Just what I wanted.

So I wanted to share this on the forum so maybe it will help someone not happy to get happy.

Keep the shiny side up,

Mike Holbrook
Star, Idaho

·
Registered
57 Posts
A 17 tooth front sprocket is on my list. Standard bike is under geared for me. I used to find the bike stalled really easily when it was new but thinner oil and a few miles, plus the adjustable clutch lever, has stopped it stalling s easily so more confident to raise the gearing a bit. Thanks for posting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts