BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a 2020 Polish Romet which is just a Chinese bike (Romet used to be manufactured in Poland back in the good ol' days?). It came by courier in a box and my wife and I assembled it together with zero instructions over the course of 3 days. It's got about 2200 kilometers on it now and it's been more reliable than a skateboard, starts in a fraction of a second every time and is super comfy for little jaunts. Nothing wrong with it, ever. I put $2 dollars in gas now and then and so far did 2 oil changes (which cost me about $4 each). It's my beach/shopping scooter. Goes about 55kph, it's super nimble and a blast to own around here (I live in a beach resort).

So, what other bikes do you guys currently have other than the mighty 310?

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
54 Posts
To many to list. But my newest purchase was 2016 Africa Twin DCT. I purchased it last week. Also I have a Honda CTX 1300 as a Long Distance Tourer.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Helmet Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
54 Posts
WHOA, you literally have all the best bikes....WOW!!!
Thanks for the kind words. But . There is a bike that I just test ride ( it was the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago) , and this bike exited all my expectations and I’m so amazed by it that I will buy one as soon as possible ( probably next spring) . The bike is “ZERO SR/S” . Full electric bike. This bike is so powerful that words can’t explain. I just don’t know how to explain the torque that this bike has . Extremely fast, no engine sound, no transmission, just twist and go. ….
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Land vehicle

·
Registered
2019 G310GS
33 Posts
2014 Kymco People GTi300
2016 Honda PCX150
And my 2019 BMW G310GS
just sold my 2015 Suzuki SfV650 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For quiet roads, an old classic is hard to beat. This 1954 Velo MAC is an OHV single with a heady 6:1, or thereabouts, compression ratio. It will easily top 100mpg (Imperial). The brakes are good for their vintage, handling actually well up to modern road speeds and 6V electrics no problem with LED bulbs all round.. Starts easily and was my go to transport when the G310R suffered its cold start problems. Thinner oil seems to have been the cure for the latter.

This, on the other hand, is a well-made monster. "We are a bit short of loan bikes at the moment, will this do?". One advantage of BMW service! The torque reaction when blipping the throttle on this is stellar. Surprisingly easy to ride but heavy with a capital H.

·
Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2 Sport.
167 Posts
I use the G310GS for dailey rides, it has aftermarket front springs en full after market shock on the rear. :D It feels like a sport bike.

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Fuel tank

Ten times a year I ride on closed circuits with my S1000RR. :cool:

Sports uniform Helmet Wheel Tire Motorcycle

A few times a year I use the HP2 Sport instead of the 310. ;)

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts