BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got these new set of wheels installed on my bike, very happy about the result, I think they look absolutely stunning.

They are not from Rally Raid, although I do love Rally Raid products, I feel since it is a small GS it deserves a bit of the big GS style, so i fitted the cross spoked ones on it.

When I was holding the wheels I can feel the wheels are slightly lighter then original ones, I will use them on the greenlanes later to see how do they hold up.

In case you spotted them in the pic, I also removed front mudguard and replaced them with self made fork guards and radiator guards, so the mud won't clog up the front wheel when off roading... I will open another post later once they are ready.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

· Registered
93 Posts
Just got these new set of wheels installed on my bike, very happy about the result, I think they look absolutely stunning.

They are not from Rally Raid, although I do love Rally Raid products, I feel since it is a small GS it deserves a bit of the big GS style, so i fitted the cross spoked ones on it.

When I was holding the wheels I can feel the wheels are slightly lighter then original ones, I will use them on the greenlanes later to see how do they hold up.

In case you spotted them in the pic, I also removed front mudguard and replaced them with self made fork guards and radiator guards, so the mud won't clog up the front wheel when off roading... I will open another post later once they are ready.

View attachment 16476
Are those the Zontes T2 wheels?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good, this is mine with OEM bmw wheels from f650gs. View attachment 16481
yeah i saw you post, your bike looks awesome man!
i am surprised you can fit a 650gs wheel without too much trouble with the disc and abs.
i like your dominator exhaust, i am thinking to get the same so i can remove pillion pegs, to save some weight but i am worrying the exhaust can be too loud, i like it quiet...

· Registered
4 Posts
Rally Raid aren't shipping wheels for the foreseeable it seems, just when I was ready to get some!
Is this the vmx people? Catalog

I've been contemplating removing the front mud guard for a while! Looks awesome without. Took the front wheel off to upgrade the fork suspension (rally raid) and was pained to put the mud guard back on!!

How did you make the fork guards?

· Registered
93 Posts
yeah i saw you post, your bike looks awesome man!
i am surprised you can fit a 650gs wheel without too much trouble with the disc and abs.
i like your dominator exhaust, i am thinking to get the same so i can remove pillion pegs, to save some weight but i am worrying the exhaust can be too loud, i like it quiet...
Definetly is LOUD, some people hate it, but if you dont push revs is not that noisy. The best is the weight reduction.
Amazing your wheels just as the bigger sisters!

· Premium Member
614 Posts
I was curious too so I searched a little myself. Best I could determine, these are the vmx people: VMX 2.5*19"/4.25*17" Tubeless Wheels Set Fit for BMW G310GS 2019-2021 Black Hub Gold Rim
I've never bought after market rims before. The above VMX 2.5*19" rim for the front matches my manual's spec of 2.50" x 19", but the VMX 4.25*17" rim for the rear does NOT match my manual's spec of 4.0" x 17". Is that 0.25" difference in rear rim width meaningful or not? Thanks.

· Premium Member
614 Posts
No, my model year is 2022 and it shows the rear wheel as being 4.0" x 17".

One chart I found showed that the tire size recommended in my manual (150/70 R 17) could be used on rims from 3.5" to 5.5" with 4.25" as being "standard", so the VMX 4.25" x 17" seems spot on in that regard. I just really dislike deviating from my owner's manual without an authoritative source saying it's OK.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I've never bought after market rims before. The above VMX 2.5*19" rim for the front matches my manual's spec of 2.50" x 19", but the VMX 4.25*17" rim for the rear does NOT match my manual's spec of 4.0" x 17". Is that 0.25" difference in rear rim width meaningful or not? Thanks.
hi @JerryG @wuzimu, the wheels are exact same size as stock, they put the spec wrong there. I actually bought it from their shop in china (taobao) and get it shipped to UK. I talked to the guy that runs the shop and he confirmed to me that the wheels will "just fit"

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Rally Raid aren't shipping wheels for the foreseeable it seems, just when I was ready to get some!
Is this the vmx people? Catalog

I've been contemplating removing the front mud guard for a while! Looks awesome without. Took the front wheel off to upgrade the fork suspension (rally raid) and was pained to put the mud guard back on!!

How did you make the fork guards?
As pointed out above already, i got them from vmx-racing.com.

I made the fork guard and a radiator guard (with wider blades that protects against sand blast) using blender (software, not the one that makes juice) and then 3d printed them. making the right size that just fit takes a lot of trial and errors and spent me a small fortune, i am still testing them, i might share those 3d files for free or sell them for a cup of coffee just to cover up the cost... depends on how many people want them

· Premium Member
614 Posts
hi @JerryG @wuzimu, the wheels are exact same size as stock, they put the spec wrong there. I actually bought it from their shop in china (taobao) and get it shipped to UK. I talked to the guy that runs the shop and he confirmed to me that the wheels will just "fit"
I was curious too so I searched a little myself. Best I could determine, these are the vmx people: VMX 2.5*19"/4.25*17" Tubeless Wheels Set Fit for BMW G310GS 2019-2021 Black Hub Gold Rim

Thanks everyone, especially normanzb. I'm pretty much sold. The above VMX link says sold out, so I poked around and found KKE selling the same VMX wheels at...

(VMX 2.5*19"/4.25*17" Tubeless Wheels Set Fit for BMW G310GS 2019-2021 Black Hub Gold Rim)

I contacted them and they said...

"Thanks for your message and interest in our KKE store!
rim size- we only can offer 2.5*19 / 4.25*17
rim color- red hub and gold rim / black hub and gold rim
the shipping fee is $280.00 from Chinese factory to...(omitted)...directly.
any other question, please feel free to contact me."

I'm thinking the red hub/gold rim combo will be amazing with the gold forks and red accents on my G310GS Rally (pics below). That said, I'm going to wait for my dealer to open Tuesday and see if they have any sources I should consider; I'll have plenty of dead time while they are doing my 2021 S1000XR's 24K service.

My G310GS Rally:
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle brake

Examples showing colors of Gold Rims and Red Hub...
Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle hub

· Premium Member
614 Posts
"Thanks for your message and interest in our KKE store!
rim size- we only can offer 2.5*19 / 4.25*17
rim color- red hub and gold rim / black hub and gold rim
the shipping fee is $280.00 from Chinese factory to...(omitted)...directly.
any other question, please feel free to contact me."
When I replied to them asking them to confirm the above, they replied...

"if you want to order black hub and gold rim wheel set, we can ship it to you from California directly and offer free shipping! it can help u save a lot of moeny, here is listing for your reference: VMX Racing 2.5*19"/4.25*17" Cush Drive Tubeless Wheels Rims Set For BM
so we only charge you $1079 in total, no shipping fee."

Given they had the black/gold combo in California and the no shipping fee offer, I agreed to this. When I did, they also provided 5% off coupon code. After I paid via PayPal, I immediately received an email "order received" and a bit later, an email with a FEDEX tracking number (which the FEDEX system shows as having been generated as a label, but not yet shipped; understandable given this was a Sunday).

Some of you might be thinking this is a scam and normally I don't like doing business this way either. However, I did Google around to check out KKE and while I found a few minor issues here and there, I mostly found solid endorsements (like normanzb above though his was for VMX-Racing vice KKE). I did not find any cases claiming KKE orders were never received. So, given the usual PayPal/Credit Card protections and KKE's stated policy to accept returns if there are incompatibility issues, I decided to go for it. My plan is to have my dealer thoroughly inspect these rims and then install them if they pass muster; that way, I've had professional eyes on them before I put my body at risk. I'll keep you posted.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I replied to them asking them to confirm the above, they replied...

"if you want to order black hub and gold rim wheel set, we can ship it to you from California directly and offer free shipping! it can help u save a lot of moeny, here is listing for your reference: VMX Racing 2.5*19"/4.25*17" Cush Drive Tubeless Wheels Rims Set For BM
so we only charge you $1079 in total, no shipping fee."

Given they had the black/gold combo in California and the no shipping fee offer, I agreed to this. When I did, they also provided 5% off coupon code. After I paid via PayPal, I immediately received an email "order received" and a bit later, an email with a FEDEX tracking number (which the FEDEX system shows as having been generated as a label, but not yet shipped; understandable given this was a Sunday).

Some of you might be thinking this is a scam and normally I don't like doing business this way either. However, I did Google around to check out KKE and while I found a few minor issues here and there, I mostly found solid endorsements (like normanzb above though his was for VMX-Racing vice KKE). I did not find any cases claiming KKE orders were never received. So, given the usual PayPal/Credit Card protections and KKE's stated policy to accept returns if there are incompatibility issues, I decided to go for it. My plan is to have my dealer thoroughly inspect these rims and then install them if they pass muster; that way, I've had professional eyes on them before I put my body at risk. I'll keep you posted.
fingercrossed 🤞😉

1 - 20 of 75 Posts