BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from RallyRaid, are there other companies who offer spiked wheels for the GS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do an Ebay search for "bmw g310gs spoked wheels" and you will find at least a couple of Chinese vendors selling for about € 750 - 850 (US$ 900 - 1 000). I don't know about quality or fitment, that's for you to try.
Here they are link 1 and link 2

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The prices quoted on that link aren’t vastly different from RallyRaid prices.
Usually a Chinese sourced version is 1/3rd (or less) of the normal cost which makes them worth’s gamble, but when your looking at £600 v £800 I definitely wouldn’t be tempted!
I think spoked wheels on an adventure bike are a HUGE rip off! Every single ultra cheap commuter bike where I live has SPOKED wheels. Why? Because they are CHEAP.
For sure there’s a guy sitting on a factory floor in China making up a spoked wheels every hour and it’s costing £20!

·
Registered
194 Posts
The prices quoted on that link aren’t vastly different from RallyRaid prices.
And when you have to ad shiping to the price, the equation is even less favorable for the Chinese.
Usually a Chinese sourced version is 1/3rd (or less) of the normal cost which makes them worth’s gamble, but when your looking at £600 v £800 I definitely wouldn’t be tempted! [/QUOTE]
And when you have to ad shipping to the price, the equation is even less favorable for the Chinese.
I think spoked wheels on an adventure bike are a HUGE rip off!
Well, for some people even the sound and looks are important enough to pay hundreds of €/£/$ to make the bike look/sound better by changing the silencer and ad other farkles to it. When I'm on my bike, I don't see (nor care about) the looks of it and when driving, I don't hear (or care about) the sound of it. Mayby I'm getting old? Nah, I'm still the same boy I was when I had my first Monarch Monarped moped (ym. 1959) back in 1973.:cool:
For sure there’s a guy sitting on a factory floor in China making up a spoked wheels every hour and it’s costing £20!
Well, at least he does it for a living, as do the guys at Rally Raid Products.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have rode my G310GS for 20K miles now with massive offroad & trail riding as many of those miles. I have never had any issue with the factory rims. I used to have a G650GS Sertao. I bent the front spoked rim on that in no time flat. It may just be that the baby GS is light enough that the hard impacts just aren't the same for a lighter bike from a simple physics point of view... If you want spokes, by all means, go get them! But they are not a necessity on this bike at all.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have rode my G310GS for 20K miles now with massive offroad & trail riding as many of those miles. I have never had any issue with the factory rims. I used to have a G650GS Sertao. I bent the front spoked rim on that in no time flat. It may just be that the baby GS is light enough that the hard impacts just aren't the same for a lighter bike from a simple physics point of view... If you want spokes, by all means, go get them! But they are not a necessity on this bike at all.
I agree with what you are saying Dave. I was thinking purely from a visual outlook.
Have said that, I had spoked on myV-Strom and they’re a PITA to clean!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts