BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new here to the forum, just bought my g310gs a little less than 2 weeks ago.

I was wondering about spools and paddock stands for winter storage but can't seem to find any info on where spools would even be installed on the bike. If anyone could help me out with links, info or even pics that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm also in the process of buying a paddock stand. As far as I'm aware there are no holes to fit spools so you need a paddock stand with the 'L' brackets which locate below the swing arm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok that would make sense, how would you lift the front tire? I'm hoping to have my storage plan ready to go in a couple of months when I can no longer ride it for the winter.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
183 Posts
....The paddock stand I'm buying has interchangeable brackets, and you put on the 'V' shaped bracket which fits under the front axle to lift the front wheel. If you wanted to take off both wheels I guess you'd have to think of a way to support the back of the bike after the wheel was off.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Paddock stand with "L" brackets, as had been mentioned or R&G makes a set of spools that use a long bolt through the hollow rear axle. The problem with the R&G is that you can't remove the rear wheel when it's on the stand. I now have a Pit Bull stand (with "L" brackets) and will make you a deal on the R&G bit. If I can find it. ;-)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Would that ' middle jack stand ' be ok to us on a GS with the plastic sump guard ?

I will be using something of the sort when greasing the head bearings and will remove the guard and put a block of wood against the bottom of the sump. Should be okay. But I shall tie the bike to a ceiling beam to prevent it falling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts