BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Spring preset

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tickster 
#1 ·
Just wondering what spring presets you guys are using.

I haven't changed mine yet, still on 1 since I got the bike, am going to try out level 3 to see if I can notice a difference.

#2 ·
Hi there Porth,

The preset is all relatives to the owner and his usage really.
Although I do not have this particular bike AS YET! Take me as an example, I weight 65 Kg ride mostly alone for comuting when I had my Diversion 600 compare to my friend same bike but He was 103 Kg and doing mostly Sunday riding with His Girlfriend He Had to bumble His presets up while mine worked fine stock.

But I will be please to get Your take once You have try some of the settings, there is nothing wrong in testing them.

#4 ·
Can concur, I have mine set on 5 as well since a lot of times I'm riding with my backpack (~10kg) and I'm 68kg. 1 worked just fine but when riding with a pillion it made the bike pretty unstable since most people weigh more than me significantly and the bike doesn't seem to have the front forks loaded.

#6 ·
Pretty much an individual and riding style preference for settings.
Depends on a few things, what surface your riding, your weight/luggage/passenger etc.
Easily changed, suggest you try different settings for a few miles and make your own call on what you like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.