BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All. Picked up my 2022 G310R 2 days ago. Got home from the dealer, turned off the ignition and the starter started cranking (literally no key inside) till the battery died. 10 miles on the bike. The battery died and starter motor fried. now at service getting fixed.

Happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All. Picked up my 2022 G310R 2 days ago. Got home from the dealer, turned off the ignition and the starter started cranking (literally no key inside) till the battery died. 10 miles on the bike. The battery died and starter motor fried. now at service getting fixed. Happen to anyone else?
Hi Daniel! I had the same problem with my 2018 GS (13,000 miles) where the relay would buzz and the starter motor would spin with the ignition off and key removed. I’m fairly confident my issue started after accidentally frying a cheap lithium ion battery from water damage. The battery was reading in excess of 14V so I’m sure it damaged the ignition circuit. It took a new starter motor, automotive starter relay (from a small town and didn’t have the exact relays on hand) and new lead acid battery. After replacing those three things it seems to be working fine with no new problems. This would be a pretty easy repair to attempt yourself as the relay is the hardest thing to get to and even then it’s not buried too deep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts