BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to install steering damper on my bike. Please suggest parts and how to modify?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
897 Posts
What type of bike did you have previously, are you experiencing any problems at the moment with the G310R at speed?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Steering damper at a G310 ??????
I have never experienced any instability at any speed.
In my opinion the beamer is very stable and does not need a steering damper.

Or, how are your roads ?

·
Registered
917 Posts
If you can do 140 kmh on a rough road ............... talk to the guys that go to Argentina, Peru and Bolivia for the 2018 Paris-Dakar.
Find a good GPS and train a little bit and you will be able to become the next P-D winner.

Just kidding,
It's not my cup of tea (anymore) to do 140 kmh on dirt roads.
I stick to nice tarmac roads with many twists and bends and as the icing on the cake, mountain roads.

That makes me very happy

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks Porth for your support ;-)

No we don't have mountains in the Netherlands.
A mountain is a mountain if it reaches 1500+ meters. The nearest peak is also the highest point in the Netherlands (Vaalserberg)

But the area were I live, down south, we have hills and many winding roads.
It takes me maby 30 - 50 minutes to get into the Eifel mountain area in Germany or into the Ardennes (Belgium) or Luxemburg (Lux is only, on backroads, 110 km)
So you can see, enough fun driving to do.

If I really start riding, I can go to Switzerland, Austria or France in a day's ride ..................
Enough to choose (to see mountains)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't think steering damper will help. "R" is not designed for rough roads at speed. Suspension was not designed for it. You could try softening the suspension a bit to help absorb shocks. You need a "GS" if you want to ride on rough roads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts