BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying the ride home yesterday evening, passing the RAF base where they were cutting the grass on the airfield. Suddenly I felt a stinging on my throat, and swelling. Clearly I'd been stung by something or other. keeping my throat in the air stream had a cooling effect and eased the pain.
When I got home found the offending half dead Bee inside my jacket.
Anyway found the best remedy was an ice cold beer .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Had a similar thing happen last Friday. Somehow a very clever and determined wasp managed to find its way up the left sleeve of my riding jacket, and then became highly irritated when I tried to figure out what was going on.

It stung me four times before I managed to slap it out of existence and remove the carcass. It's now Tuesday and the sting sites are still red and itch like mad. No matter though, the wasp is dead and I'm still alive - so far anyway. :grin2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Three times in the last month. One entered a short sleeve shirt...sting on the chest. #2 right next to helmet on temple...next day looked like I was in a losing fight. #3 on the wrist...next day left hand looked like a catchers mitt. Each resulted in days of swelling and itch. No real cure except earlier mentioned cold brew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
916 Posts
That’s why they say, be protected.
Not only for the occasion your turn the black part upside down but also for these little buggers.
I always wear full protection and can feel wasps etc etc hitting the jacket or helmet, but .... no worries.
Yes, it is hot here too but I rather sweat in my driving gear then end up at the ‘burn’ department of a hospital.
Drive safe !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
425 Posts
Got stung by a bee on my thumb last night. Allergic reaction, now 20 hours later my thumb is all swollen and numb, and something resembling a blister where the stinger was. If it's not on the mend tomorrow will visit the docter.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
896 Posts
The problem with bees is that you don't develop an immunity, quite the opposite, too many bee stings can result in an allergic reaction to bee stings.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top