BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

did anyone of you try if the combination from SW-Motech center stand is compatible with the Akrapovic S-B3R1-HRSS/1 exhaust ( Akrapovic )?

After the improvement of the side stand the center stand only can be put up when the side stand is also put up. Otherwise they touch each other.

I have the serial vehicle with the "bad" side stand and when I try to move the bike fast forward, so that the bikes comes down from the center stand, the penholder touches the exhaust.

SW-Motech works on their center stand (second release) but they will not proove if it will be compatible with the Akapovic exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
@DieselDriver I have the Akrapovic S-B3R1-HRSS/1 exhaust with SW Motech center stand but still waiting for the side stand modification. Currently my center and side stand operate fully independently, will see how this changes after side stand fix is fitted. I just confirmed that my center stand does touch the Akra exhaust but just enough to scuff the exhaust. Unclear whether this is an issue to be concerned about but I suspect extra padding in the center stand "catch" might provide the extra clearance required.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had sidestand recall done Thursday. Did not have to remove SW Mototech center stand but new sidestand has to be open now for centerstand to operate. Out of town so sorry no pics. The end of new sidestand arm that return spring attaches to comes in contact with centerstand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@francoisps:
This sounds good.
Where does your center stand touch the exhaust? Maybe at the same spot like my center stand touches the original exhaust?
Do you have some pics that I can see where the two parts touch themselves.

@Haulroad:
Thanks for the feedback - SW-Motech also confirmed that the new side stand touches the center stand (first release).

So we only can wait for the new center stand (second release) and let's hope that this will not touch the Akrapovic exhaust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had my side stand fix performed last Saturday. I have the SW center stand (had it for months). If the side stand is down and the center stand is lowered, there is a very slight, almost unnoticeable, contact. No problem operating either for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, good news.

I am still waiting for the parts for fixing the side stand. BMW seems to deliver first dealer in US than in Europe. ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts