BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

do you think that it is possible to use the SW-Motech aluminium engine protection guard in combination with the Hepco engine protection bar (Hepco also offers a protection bar for the tank if the bar for the engine will be used)?

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don’t have either fitted, but based on the photos you attached, no...

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't think the engine guards are wide enough to fit around the sump/bash guard.
Rally Raid is supposedly just a couple weeks away from releasing their combo sump/engine guard.
I am waiting patiently......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know where to get the SW-Motech skid plate that DieselDriver posted above?

It's not on the Twisted Throttle (SW-Motech) website.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sobering answer. :-(

I ordered the parts and I will try it when the parts will arrive.

I thought that in case of doubt I will trim the aluminium engine guard a little bit. The problem is that SW-Motech does not offer an bar for the tank and that the Hepco tank bar is only possible to use when the Hepco engine bar will be used.

But the angles of the pictures are very different so maybe there is enough space between the engine and the aluminium guard for the bar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is exactly the setup that I was looking at. Center stand and sump guard from SW and bars from hepco. Do let us know what you had to do to make them fit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ordered my SW-Motech skid plate from SDMOTO and I just got notification it has shipped.
I to went the Hepco Becker sw-moto route but the hepco bars are back ordered and it is going to be a month at least before I see them.
I have five different sizes of hammers, I will get them to fit together!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My SW-Motech and Hepco parts should arrive this week - then I know if all the parts will be compatible without trimming the SW-Motech aluminium engine guard.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks fantastic! Nice job.

I guess my “visual” was inaccurate - didn’t “look like” it would clear...

Thanks for taking one for the team!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rally Raid is supposedly just a couple weeks away from releasing their combo sump/engine guard.
I am waiting patiently......[/QUOTE]

yep but why it take so long......
because the summer is short overhere
and a couple of weeks is nothing in the right part of the world where nice weather is year round:smile2:
not if you can only ride 4 months :crying: in normal temperature
the ralleyraid site has notthing new till now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am waiting patiently......
yep but why it take so long......
because the summer is short overhere
and a couple of weeks is nothing in the right part of the world where nice weather is year round:smile2:
not if you can only ride 4 months :crying: in normal temperature
the ralleyraid site has notthing new till now.[/QUOTE]

there is a big problem on this site
i just have placed the message above on somebody,s else name
the security of this site sucks i think
stupid i dont know why this happens:surprise:

·
Registered
132 Posts
that is good news!! My SW-Motech skid plate arrived yesterday and I got notification today that the Hepco Becker engine and tank bars have shipped.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts